Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is assuming Richman will play the younger guys. I would start Paul, Khy, Tyson, Dylan and Deng. Bring in AJ and Spencer off the bench. Give Jared plenty of minutes as well. I agree with the practice time and all that, but if you are going to play Paul, AJ, Dex, Carlin and Khy 32+ each. Then what are you gaining?
    I agree. I would definitely get the younger guys more playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is assuming Richman will play the younger guys. I would start Paul, Khy, Tyson, Dylan and Deng. Bring in AJ and Spencer off the bench. Give Jared plenty of minutes as well. I agree with the practice time and all that, but if you are going to play Paul, AJ, Dex, Carlin and Khy 32+ each. Then what are you gaining?
    So you agree with me. The game sucked, trust me I was beyond crushed. But, I was also realistic and didn't like the game and knew the ankle injury that Khy was going to try to play through. I hated the game before it started. Two evenly matched teams. I would guess that exit meetings will be interesting. I still think Deng has high end future. He needs to go into next year planning on playing a ton. Love him at the 4. He seems to always play good against the best teams. Was it Xavier he had like 19 points and was wrecking the rim?
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    So you agree with me. The game sucked, trust me I was beyond crushed. But, I was also realistic and didn't like the game and knew the ankle injury that Khy was going to try to play through. I hated the game before it started. Two evenly matched teams. I would guess that exit meetings will be interesting. I still think Deng has high end future. He needs to go into next year planning on playing a ton. Love him at the 4. He seems to always play good against the best teams. Was it Xavier he had like 19 points and was wrecking the rim?
    My biggest disappointment was Deng not getting more minutes this year, but I can understand why. He will still have a lot to learn next year, but they are going to have to let him "figure it out" considering his ceiling.

Anyone know the player or players with at least 20 attempts who led us in 3 point shooting percentage and free throw percentage this year?

Sometimes perception and reality are different.

They were both AJ.

His FG% was also 43.6%
    LA his senior year was 43%
    Taylor Braun Senior yr 47%

As a team our shooting was not good enough, Dex was at 60.9% and Dylan miller was at 55.1% everybody else was under 45.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    After last year issues---Dupree and Miller; I feel this team still has issues. It's talked a lot about being a family, but I don't see a very tight family.

You're supposedly best player, Paul Miller, is definitely not a leader. I think he's attitude has brought down entire team. It's frustrating watching him play and if his jumper isn't falling to affect rest of his game.

Khy, being a PG, decision making is not good to put it nicely. I don't think he sees floor well---It's not good when you're PG leads team in turnovers especially when doesn't dominate ball in half court offense.

AJ, I've been looking or waiting for him to step up his game---now for year and a half. He went through 4-5 games didn't even look to shoot or be aggressive on offense and WE NEED his point production.

Deng, needs more playing time as I think has high potential---will see if brought along slowly.

I feel for Coach Richman as it feels like there are more chemistry issues with team that are holding them back---perhaps I'm wrong but team is not progressing like I hoped.

The points I made above could be fixed----but I think are big from them being a 18-14 team and bowing out early in Summit Tourney or coming together and being a potential NCAA Tournament team.

TELL ME I'M WRONG and Overreacting
    AJ is one the biggest busts of a recruit that they have had in years!!!!!! The kid just can't or won't create shots for himself. He is way too inconsistent for my taste

OK guys, knock it out. It's pretty obvious AJ is in his own head. I'm not just calling out the post above it has been all over the board lately. This is getting out of hand. He is a kid playing basketball, he has shown flashes but if I had to say what is going on from afar it's that once he gets on a roll he feels like he needs to take it up a level even higher. And then things start going south and he backslides.

I feel this way because this is always what I did in my youth. I was in my own head more than anything/one else and it sucks. He and the coaches have a lot of work to do to figure out how to get the game to come to him. Know the limits of what you can do. Once you start trying to do too much it can blow your confidence out of the water.

Also the phrase "let the game come to him" is really difficult for some guys to get. It wasn't until years later that I figured out what it meant. Do what you do well at the speed you can do it well. In the off season try to increase the speed of what you can do but not during a game.

AJ and the coaches have work to do this off season.

NOTE: As always feel free to rag on the coaches as much as you want. My Saul Phillips rants could fill a book.

Mr kujava.... most point gaurds lead their teams in turnovers.... secondly you making allegations without anything to back it up against miller is crazy and I wonder if you watched games down the stretch when millers shot wasn't falling and he was hustling all over the floor.....did aj not play his best game on Saturday no he for sure layed a egg.... as well did dexterity time to quit throwing stones .... I am optimistic about next year with another point guard being added to the rotation.... and Tyson ward another year stronger...if we play in another tourney that's up to the coach and players I have zero opinion as I don't know what's best
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    OK guys, knock it out. It's pretty obvious AJ is in his own head. I'm not just calling out the post above it has been all over the board lately. This is getting out of hand. He is a kid playing basketball, he has shown flashes but if I had to say what is going on from afar it's that once he gets on a roll he feels like he needs to take it up a level even higher. And then things start going south and he backslides.

I feel this way because this is always what I did in my youth. I was in my own head more than anything/one else and it sucks. He and the coaches have a lot of work to do to figure out how to get the game to come to him. Know the limits of what you can do. Once you start trying to do too much it can blow your confidence out of the water.

Also the phrase "let the game come to him" is really difficult for some guys to get. It wasn't until years later that I figured out what it meant. Do what you do well at the speed you can do it well. In the off season try to increase the speed of what you can do but not during a game.

AJ and the coaches have work to do this off season.

NOTE: As always feel free to rag on the coaches as much as you want. My Saul Phillips rants could fill a book.
    Welcome back! I miss the posts from Bison Blogger from a few years ago. Hope he is ok.

I do hope Richman decides to play in the CIT or CBI or the Vegas tournament and uses it to get better.

Last year not playing was the right call, the team was not in a good place but this team I think could benefit from more games. Challenge a guy like Deng to step up and see what he can do. Get some momentum heading into next year. Burgundy was spot on with his previous post.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I do hope Richman decides to play in the CIT or CBI or the Vegas tournament and uses it to get better.

Last year not playing was the right call, the team was not in a good place but this team I think could benefit from more games. Challenge a guy like Deng to step up and see what he can do. Get some momentum heading into next year. Burgundy was spot on with his previous post.
    My gut feel says the team/staff would want to play. not sure the AD would agree, as he will have to look at costs vs exposure, these aren't free, and can be very cost prohibitive. Maybe not a smart decision as a school, but the team absolutely should want to extend.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.