Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    We have had some amazing NDSU basketball teams. Yes this season sucked.... but come on we still won 19 games and were a 2 seed and this was down year. I guess I feel pretty optimistic about next year.
    I dont...:/

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We may have taken 2 in our league play but I was never confident during the games. It was a strange year. I still think their is an issue with coaching. I wonder if he can get the best out of the players by coaching them up, all I ever hear is how hard he is on them. Seniors this year said thanks to all of the assistants more than Richman.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    We may have taken 2 in our league play but I was never confident during the games. It was a strange year. I still think their is an issue with coaching. I wonder if he can get the best out of the players by coaching them up, all I ever hear is how hard he is on them. Seniors this year said thanks to all of the assistants more than Richman.
    I'm a bit concerned with Richman myself. He definitely has a different style then either Miles or Phillips who are real down to earth fun loving guys. Dave seems a bit too serious all the time. It's OK to lighten up a little and have some fun. Sometime kids respond better to that type of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm a bit concerned with Richman myself. He definitely has a different style then either Miles or Phillips who are real down to earth fun loving guys. Dave seems a bit too serious all the time. It's OK to lighten up a little and have some fun. Sometime kids respond better to that type of personality.
    I certainly don't know if their is an issue with the coach, but I will admit a comment he made on the insiders right as odd right before the tourney. It was about the guys "trying it their way" hit me as trying to pass the buck for some poor play. That felt a lot like publicly throwing folks under the bus, and not taking responsibility. I hope that was just a 1 off deal, and maybe he even regretted what he said but did not find it appropriate at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    We have had some amazing NDSU basketball teams. Yes this season sucked.... but come on we still won 19 games and were a 2 seed and this was down year. I guess I feel pretty optimistic about next year.
    14-4 in conference, people act like we were 6-12 or something. Losing in first round sucked. Outside shooting must improve and need to find another back to the basket guy.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I certainly don't know if their is an issue with the coach, but I will admit a comment he made on the insiders right as odd right before the tourney. It was about the guys "trying it their way" hit me as trying to pass the buck for some poor play. That felt a lot like publicly throwing folks under the bus, and not taking responsibility. I hope that was just a 1 off deal, and maybe he even regretted what he said but did not find it appropriate at first glance.

this was crazy talk when I heard it ^^ Richman was asked after the 90-86 Omaha game if he liked the offense & way the kids played he said "I was letting them try it their way" smug, then you wonder why we went 1 & done. maybe they quit on him?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    14-4 in conference, people act like we were 6-12 or something. Losing in first round sucked. Outside shooting must improve and need to find another back to the basket guy.
    I do agree. But there's losing, and there's the way that you lose.

For myself, I just can't get over how they lost. It was pathetic. Both the coaches, and the players quit in the middle of the second half of the biggest game of the year. No fight till the end. No kicking and screaming. Ugly pathetic effort. It was only a 10 point game with 10 minutes left and everyone watching that game knew they were done. I watched the rest of those Summit games and those teams were super excited to be there and play. NDSU looked like they could have cared less.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in an NDSU Bison team as I was against a 20 point blowout loss to 7th seed IUPUI. Just no forgiveness with that.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Dave Richman has put a team out there that in all too often doesn't compete, doesn't play hard, and doesn't play with any toughness. All that came together in the biggest game of the year. I have other teams I love watching around college basketball. None of them put out a piss poor effort all too often as NDSU does.

If that's "their way of playing", i'm not impressed in the least. F'ugly pathetic uninspired basketball.

I love off season over reaction.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I love off season over reaction.
    You thought this team was "good" the last half of the conference?

We had flashes this year but overall it was a major disappointment. I love watching basketball and Maybe my expectations are to high but I expect more out of a NDSU team.