Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
I'll gladly have two losing seasons if it results in what Saul eventually accomplished. After the big four graduated there was literally nothing left but Tveidt and some bench players that never played, while they lacked talent they busted their ass every night. I could accept it and with Saul you could see the progression from one season to the next. I can't accept this uninspired brand of basketball and stagnant program that Richman has established here.

Richman has a great record but it isn't really that impressive when you look for high level accomplishments...nothing remotely on the level of Saul or Miles. The loss to IUPUI in the Summit tournament is easily the worst loss in our entire DI history. You watch him coach and nothing makes me think he'll ever have real high level success with the offensive system he runs. I've said over and over he needs to make changes and outside of some subtle tweaks he has done nothing. He struggles horrifically making adjustments, he played AJ a ton last year when he was hurting the team and also Gue will play great in games but not see any extra run. Not sure why you wouldn't want to develop our most athletic player who can impact the game in so many ways. It is really kind of sad, when we hired him I thought he was going to be a progressive young coach, looking to make his mark. Take the best of some really good coaches he has worked under and put it work. I wish he would step back, watch this team play and ask himself if this is the brand of basketball he wanted when he took over this job because if it is not he might want to make some changes or he may never get an opportunity like this again.
This is my stance as well. I can live with a bad season or 2 as long as the trend is upward but that's not the case and hasn't been for awhile. It's concerning and my main question is how long does NDSU allow it to go on before a change is made? I sure don't want the men's program to get to the women's level!