Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The whole season was pretty similar. There was a lot of driving to the basket, plenty of iso plays inside and out as well as great ball movement and players moving without the ball, pick and roll plays, etc. Very little dribble weave from my recollection until the shot clock is at 2 and shoot a desperation 3. I don't know, maybe Dave is teaching a similar offense but the players are doing their own thing out there. In which case we are really in trouble if the coach doesn't have control of the team on the court.
    It looks like "random basketball" out there.

The offense we had under Saul and the offense we have under Dave are rather different, about the only similarity they share is probably pace. It is much more perimeter orientated and with Dex gone I fear it will become even more so.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

My problem with the weave is that we get lazy on it. Dylan and Spencer really need to take a big step forward. Miller has one speed when he runs down the court and that is not fast. Watch Daum tonight sprint down the floor.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Rewatch this and tell me how much dribble weave we ran:
    I watched some of this, NDSU men's basketball's finest moment. Then I got to thinking...Who from this years team could have cracked the starting lineup that year. P Miller...maybe... This years Dex would have gotten minutes off the bench, other than that I don't see anyone from this years team getting substantial time on the 2014 team. Conclusion...we had better players that season!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We complained on here about Saul's offense too. At times it was frustrating to watch. We certainly didn't score points back then like we do now. Different style/pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I watched some of this, NDSU men's basketball's finest moment. Then I got to thinking...Who from this years team could have cracked the starting lineup that year. P Miller...maybe... This years Dex would have gotten minutes off the bench, other than that I don't see anyone from this years team getting substantial time on the 2014 team. Conclusion...we had better players that season!
    Best NDSU team ever. That team could have been labeled "Dunk City" of the midwest. I'll never forget LA setting up halfcourt offense, taking his man 1 on 1, driving the lane and then throwing down 2 hands over the SDSU players.

That team had some hella special players on it. Mike Felt was probably the best pure shooter NDSU has ever had and he was barely even good enough to play on that team.

Taylor Braun was IMHO the best overall payer NDSU has ever had.
    Marshall Bjorklund was a special big man.
    Tray was explosive as hell.
    LA had balls to the walls.

That team had so much length and athleticism, it was just insane.

I watched some of that Oklahoma game today and it was fun to look back on just how good they were.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Wish I could find the Kansas game in what 2008? Anybody know where to watch that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    Wish I could find the Kansas game in what 2008? Anybody know where to watch that one?
    Still have it on my dvr

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We have had some amazing NDSU basketball teams. Yes this season sucked.... but come on we still won 19 games and were a 2 seed and this was down year. I guess I feel pretty optimistic about next year.