Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Well I don't know about the CBI but the CIT pays travel expenses but you also have to be willing to host which comes with a $38.5k price tag for each game.

Not sure how much we even make for a home game, guessing we would need to sell 3-4k tickets to make it work.

You have to pay $50k to play in the Vegas tournament which seems kind of crazy.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by fargodave View Post
    AJ is one the biggest busts of a recruit that they have had in years!!!!!! The kid just can't or won't create shots for himself. He is way too inconsistent for my taste
    3 year starter, from Fargo ND, who has never averaged under 10 PPG in a season and is an academic all American. I'll take student athletes like him on NDSU's basketball team all day every day.

Not sure I would call him a big bust, he has had good games and bad games. Great kid and a team player, represents NDSU well on and off the court.

His development is frustrating though, especially since he played so well as a freshman.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    3 year starter, from Fargo ND, who has never averaged under 10 PPG in a season and is an academic all American. I'll take student athletes like him on NDSU's basketball team all day every day.
    Aaron Lien NSIC player of the year
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'm not saying he is a bad person, but he peaked as a freshman. He should have stepped up his
    game by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Anyone know the player or players with at least 20 attempts who led us in 3 point shooting percentage and free throw percentage this year?

Sometimes perception and reality are different.

They were both AJ.

His FG% was also 43.6%
    LA his senior year was 43%
    Taylor Braun Senior yr 47%

As a team our shooting was not good enough, Dex was at 60.9% and Dylan miller was at 55.1% everybody else was under 45.5%
    In all fairness, he only takes shots that are super wide open. Heck he sometimes passes the ball when it's open. I just wish he was more aggressive and would take some more risks. Dudes 6-6 with a strong frame and a sweet shot. Needs to attack the basket to get to the free throw line. Get him to the free throw line 10 times a game because he has the ability to get to the line and can knock down free throws better than most

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would AJ benefit more from being more of a traditional 3? I don't think he's a 4, even though he's giving all he has against some of the 4's out there. And I know he's had to be more of a 4 to get the most talent out on the floor. Is it possible to have a starting lineup next year of Khy, Miller, AJ, Deng, and Miller?? Although I'm not all that convinced that Deng is going to be a better 4 than AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    In all fairness, he only takes shots that are super wide open. Heck he sometimes passes the ball when it's open. I just wish he was more aggressive and would take some more risks. Dudes 6-6 with a strong frame and a sweet shot. Needs to attack the basket to get to the free throw line. Get him to the free throw line 10 times a game because he has the ability to get to the line and can knock down free throws better than most
    I agree he needs to be more aggressive and get to and finish at the rim.

Oh and he also led the team in defensive rebounds.

I am not saying he doesn't need to improve but sometimes perception is not reality. When he is cold it is ice cold.

AJ isn't really good enough off the dribble to be a 3. He's actually a pretty good fit in Dave's preferred smallball system. The problem with that is you always have that size limitation in certain areas of the game.

WOuld be nice if NDSU played bigger but I don't think Richman wants to do that. The problem next year is both Miller/ELiason are 5's, the only 4 we really have is AJ.

The thing that concerns me most moving forward is Richman has always played top heavy minutes. Always a shortened bench. Does he not trust players? Is this not letting them grow? Was Deng really not ready to contribute, or was this RIchman not letting him play? The only thing I saw every time with Deng on the court is a player who hustled his ass off and won 50/50 balls and played his ass off. You would think that combined with his ability would warrant growing pains. We needed that hustle often this year. Isw he going to do this moving forward with younger players? I think that;s a major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    AJ isn't really good enough off the dribble to be a 3. He's actually a pretty good fit in Dave's preferred smallball system. The problem with that is you always have that size limitation in certain areas of the game.

WOuld be nice if NDSU played bigger but I don't think Richman wants to do that. The problem next year is both Miller/ELiason are 5's, the only 4 we really have is AJ.

The thing that concerns me most moving forward is Richman has always played top heavy minutes. Always a shortened bench. Does he not trust players? Is this not letting them grow? Was Deng really not ready to contribute, or was this RIchman not letting him play? The only thing I saw every time with Deng on the court is a player who hustled his ass off and won 50/50 balls and played his ass off. You would think that combined with his ability would warrant growing pains. We needed that hustle often this year. Isw he going to do this moving forward with younger players? I think that;s a major concern.
    It is a shame Deng did not play more. I think we all can agree on this. Even early in the conference season, he played a lot more. SDSU had zero answer for him when in Brookings.