Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Here is a question for BV. Can anyone shed some light on player development of guys we rarely saw or never saw at all? Who are the leaders for more minutes based on performance? Who are starters and first couple off the bench?
    I love the energy Spenser brings when he is out there but never got enough time to show much. Deng is raw and potential but games seems to fast yet for him. Wesenberg was basically MIA. Hunter and Irwin on the bench have no idea. Clements come back and be a defensive guy , was not great on offense.
    Irwin is a walk-on and due to transfer rules he was not eligible at all this season. We do get Clements back for a year but he is coming off a tough injury. Wesenberg is a tough one to figure out. Played his true freshman year and the following season was red-shirted. This year he didn't see the court. Tells me he is pretty much out of the mix and will be a non factor. NDSU is still sitting on 1 scholarship. My guess is the staff will be actively recruiting to see if we can bring in another player.

My guess for the starting line up.

Khy Kabellis
    Paul Miller
    Tyson Ward
    Aj Jacobson
    Dylan Miller

Bench Guys

Deng Geu
    Jared Samuleson
    Spencer Eliason
    Malik Clements/Cam Hunter

Maybe a surprise freshman will step up and earn minutes but thats tough to predict. All the big's need to have a big off season. Dylan Miller was big recruit for the staff, hes got the game but he is going to need to step up and produce. Next season he wont have Dexter to bail him out. Spencer is a good energy guy that can defend but will always be limited offensively. The two biggest players that the Bison need to step up will be AJ Jacobson and Deng Geu. Deng has loads of potential, its time for the staff to free Deng. AJ cant put this season past him fast enough. Really a tough junior season, when he is going good the Bison are so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Unbelievable how this team just can't nut up and perform. Look at our "bigs". Other than Dex, they haven't done shit since MB graduated. The NE kid sits on the bench, Miller looks lost and has zero back to the basket game, Deng appears to be timid and a total bust..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    D Miller has a pretty low bball iq based on watching him play

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Here is a question for BV. Can anyone shed some light on player development of guys we rarely saw or never saw at all? Who are the leaders for more minutes based on performance? Who are starters and first couple off the bench?
    I love the energy Spenser brings when he is out there but never got enough time to show much. Deng is raw and potential but games seems to fast yet for him. Wesenberg was basically MIA. Hunter and Irwin on the bench have no idea. Clements come back and be a defensive guy , was not great on offense.
    Spencer has some decent potential if he can improve his foot work and around the basket game. Clements should help outside shooting a bit.

Could we find a transfer that has two years left. Either a defensively or offensively, take either one.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Everything that guy just said.
    You never know where a coaches head is these days. The ones with any seeming success are always getting whispers in their ears. There are many distractions. Hopefully this year was a good learning experience, with better times ahead. Sometimes you just need a good kick in the nuts to realize what happened this year could have been much better.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just hope AJ plays better. He needs the support over the off season. Paul Miller will be the Summit League player of the year next year.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I just hope AJ plays better. He needs the support over the off season. Paul Miller will be the Summit League player of the year next year.
    You forget about Daum?

Default Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    You forget about Daum?
    And the dude from IPFW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

IF Paul is POY next year he is probably scoring 30+ a game, that is just what it takes with Daum in this league.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I just hope AJ plays better.
    We not only need AJ to play well, we need him to improve dramatically. Like Taylor Braun did between his junior and senior year. Physically hes similar. If he can learn to attack the basket like Braun did... Needs to add another weapon to his game... Like Lawrence Alexander developed an awesome 3 point shot he didn't have earlier in his career

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com