Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I don't know if any of the "sugar daddies" care enough to make it happen. I could see it happening in football; we've had remarkable good luck with long term coaches in football in the D1 era with multi-year contracts making this unnecessary. (For you young folks, NDSU did not do multi-years until the D1 move was made.)
    I don't know. Rocky Hager won 2 NC's in his first 3 years with Earle Solomonson's recruits, and then went the next 6 years without even getting past the quarterfinal. IMO he should have been gone about 3 years earlier in regards to NDSU football expectations. They waited too long with him and it took 15 years to get NDSU back on the success.

I don't think you'd want to wait too long if this continues to go downhill but at the same time it hasn't even been spiraling downhill for a full year. You're talking basically the last 7 games of last season and then something like a handful of bad losses this year. That doesn't warrant a resignation from a blueblood program, let alone some mid major school like NDSU that a good majority of school doesn't even care about. You have to give anyone a chance in that regard and that includes Richman. I think things would have to significantly change for Richman to have a happy ending but I hate being negative about my college's basketball program.

It's frustrating, but let's not pretend were somehow entitled now. NDSU basketball has probably experienced something like 3-5 great seasons in the history of it's existence, and that may be generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    It is going to take more money, Im guessing they may have to dip into the FB profits to get a decent coach that can build and maintain a program, how much do the FB fans want to give up or how much can FB give up to maintain?

I would love to see both flourish and maybe some FB budget going over to BB will help in the long run, maybe they already do this I don't know as I lost interest in the BBall programs lately they are mediocre to bad
    Very well have to dip into the FB budget if we get a coach in here who is great, and even then it's only a matter of time. NDSU simply cannot afford to pay a good coach in basketball to keep him around. It isn't sustainable for it's athletic program.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Very well have to dip into the FB budget if we get a coach in here who is great, and even then it's only a matter of time. NDSU simply cannot afford to pay a good coach in basketball to keep him around. It isn't sustainable for it's athletic program.
    I am okay with young Gunners coming through. This is first time it has not worked in d1.

I don't know. Rocky Hager won 2 NC's in his first 3 years with Earle Solomonson's recruits, and then went the next 6 years without even getting past the quarterfinal. IMO he should have been gone about 3 years earlier in regards to NDSU football expectations. They waited too long with him and it took 15 years to get NDSU back on the success.

I don't think you'd want to wait too long if this continues to go downhill but at the same time it hasn't even been spiraling downhill for a full year. You're talking basically the last 7 games of last season and then something like a handful of bad losses this year. That doesn't warrant a resignation from a blueblood program, let alone some mid major school like NDSU that a good majority of school doesn't even care about. You have to give anyone a chance in that regard and that includes Richman. I think things would have to significantly change for Richman to have a happy ending but I hate being negative about my college's basketball program.

It's frustrating, but let's not pretend were somehow entitled now. NDSU basketball has probably experienced something like 3-5 great seasons in the history of it's existence, and that may be generous.
    And you’re a fucking idiot re: Rocky comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And you’re a fucking idiot re: Rocky comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am okay with young Gunners coming through. This is first time it has not worked in d1.
    The very best scenario for NDSU is for the BB program to become a stepping stone program to bigger mid-majors or majors. Hungry coaches wanting to carve a name for themselves in the business. NDSU wins on a lot of fronts this way. Those coaches have to win. They don't cost a lot of money. They are exciting for the fans because no two coaches have the same style or run the same style. NDSU should be striving to become this kind of program.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The BISON will win another HOME game this year----Mayville State is on the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The very best scenario for NDSU is for the BB program to become a stepping stone program to bigger mid-majors or majors. Hungry coaches wanting to carve a name for themselves in the business. NDSU wins on a lot of fronts this way. Those coaches have to win. They don't cost a lot of money. They are exciting for the fans because no two coaches have the same style or run the same style. NDSU should be striving to become this kind of program.
    It has been. There are a number of coaches throughout the NCAA that bear NDSU on the resume.

The Summit league is not sustainable for a good coach. Get into the Missouri Valley. Become the new Wichita State of that conference. Got to get into a multi-bid conference!!

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    The Summit league is not sustainable for a good coach. Get into the Missouri Valley. Become the new Wichita State of that conference. Got to get into a multi-bid conference!!
    MVC is probably not a multi bid conference now that Wichita is out of there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.