Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'll gladly have two losing seasons if it results in what Saul eventually accomplished. After the big four graduated there was literally nothing left but Tveidt and some bench players that never played, while they lacked talent they busted their ass every night. I could accept it and with Saul you could see the progression from one season to the next. I can't accept this uninspired brand of basketball and stagnant program that Richman has established here.

Richman has a great record but it isn't really that impressive when you look for high level accomplishments...nothing remotely on the level of Saul or Miles. The loss to IUPUI in the Summit tournament is easily the worst loss in our entire DI history. You watch him coach and nothing makes me think he'll ever have real high level success with the offensive system he runs. I've said over and over he needs to make changes and outside of some subtle tweaks he has done nothing. He struggles horrifically making adjustments, he played AJ a ton last year when he was hurting the team and also Gue will play great in games but not see any extra run. Not sure why you wouldn't want to develop our most athletic player who can impact the game in so many ways. It is really kind of sad, when we hired him I thought he was going to be a progressive young coach, looking to make his mark. Take the best of some really good coaches he has worked under and put it work. I wish he would step back, watch this team play and ask himself if this is the brand of basketball he wanted when he took over this job because if it is not he might want to make some changes or he may never get an opportunity like this again.
    This is my stance as well. I can live with a bad season or 2 as long as the trend is upward but that's not the case and hasn't been for awhile. It's concerning and my main question is how long does NDSU allow it to go on before a change is made? I sure don't want the men's program to get to the women's level!

http://www.inforum.com/node/4389745/

I like this article about the T Wolves and the 3 point shot

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/node/4389745/

I like this article about the T Wolves and the 3 point shot

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Fantastic article, "Play to your strengths" this is what I do with my daughter's 4th grade traveling team, why we can't do that at a D1 university floors me sometimes

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Another thing that people aren't talking about. We have a brand new facility! Previous coachs had one of the worst facilities in DIV I.

Why can't we recruit and develop an inside presence. We need some competent big men. Every team seems to have them except us so it can't be as difficult as some say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Another thing that people aren't talking about. We have a brand new facility! Previous coachs had one of the worst facilities in DIV I.

Why can't we recruit and develop an inside presence. We need some competent big men. Every team seems to have them except us so it can't be as difficult as some say.

Only our 2nd year in it.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would agree we should have better freshman and sophmores than in the past because of the new facilities, or maybe facilities really don't matter that much we got Woodside Winks Braun LA etc with the old BSA. Right now I am not sure the players we are getting are better than those types of players that were recruited with the BSA.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    So many transferred out? We've only had one player leave that saw any playing time and to be honest I'd take Cam over Khy any day of the week. Khy was a better defender but Cam is a better offensive player as a Freshman than Khy was last year. I definitely don't agree with a lot Richman does personnel wise but I wouldn't call it a mess either.
    Let me say left the team. Many we will never know what we lost because we didn't get to see them play. Imagine Cam a year under Kai? We do have a mess or call it what you want.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post

Come on, our arena is wonderful compared to what we had but it's not even in the top half of the Summit. There are a lot of great reasons to play ball and go to school at NDSU, but no recruit is coming here for basketball because he/she thinks we have the best facilities in the upper Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Come on, our arena is wonderful compared to what we had but it's not even in the top half of the Summit. There are a lot of great reasons to play ball and go to school at NDSU, but no recruit is coming here for basketball because he/she thinks we have the best facilities in the upper Midwest.
    I wish the proposed attached arena to the Dome would have become a reality, think it was 7500 expandable to 10k or something, skyway to a renovated BSA with the practice facility, offices etc. Bet the seats would have been far enough apart so my knees wouldnt have red lines in them after a game also
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I wish the proposed attached arena to the Dome would have become a reality, think it was 7500 expandable to 10k or something, skyway to a renovated BSA with the practice facility, offices etc. Bet the seats would have been far enough apart so my knees wouldnt have red lines in them after a game also
    Shoulda just started wheeling bleachers around at the dome a la the good old FM Fever days.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk