Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I agree with you and I am as hard on Coach as well. But the non conference games really recordwise mean almost nothing. Yes 12-14 see is better than play in game.
    thread drift: SDSU women look unstoppable right now against P5 teams. What is the highest they will ever be ranked of seeded into the tourney? Will never crack the top 25 but could get a vote or two and will not be higher than a 11 seed.
    They were a 7 seed in 2009 in their first year of eligibility I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Did you just put DR in the same sentence as Coach K? Good grief, Bobby Knight is an a hole and his style would not work today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    No, you did by implying his demeanor was hurting the team. Good grief.

If he's an A-hole and theyre winning nobody cares about his demeanor.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 12-07-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    No, you did by simplying his demeanor was hurting the team. Good grief.

If he's an A-hole and theyre winning nobody cares about his demeanor.
    Frank Martin at South Carolina has a very similar demeanor to Bobby Knight and his team went to the Final Four last year where I think they hadn't even been to the Sweet 16 before in program history.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Frank Martin at South Carolina has a very similar demeanor to Bobby Knight and his team went to the Final Four last year where I think they hadn't even been to the Sweet 16 before in program history.
    Has Frank Martin ever thrown a chair across the court or physically abused his players? If he has it will catch up to him
    As far as Richman, something ain't right. I speculated he is a grump. Who knows.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

The NDSU basketball team could be 3-11 in last 14 games if they lose the next 6 vs (und, arizona, unc wilmington, utep, sdsu and usd) and 1-13 ( if you count RPI 338 Stetson and 358 Florida AM as losses) that's fireable!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

And yet with all the handwringing about how bad this 2017 Bison team is they're still in the top 100 (#92) in the RPI which is 3rd in the Summit behind SDSU (#65) and USD (#88).
    Anyone who is saying this team is actually bad isn't paying attention to college basketball. Their the 3rd best team in the Summit, and the record and strength of schedule reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Has Frank Martin ever thrown a chair across the court or physically abused his players? If he has it will catch up to him
    As far as Richman, something ain't right. I speculated he is a grump. Who knows.

I will give you this. YOu can be an ahole and a grump and still earn respect from your players. Its all in how you do it. Having said that...if hes and A hole and a grump and NOT earning respect from his players...thats bad. BUt just cuz hes a grump is not the issue.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

And yet with all the handwringing about how bad this 2017 Bison team is they're still in the top 100 (#92) in the RPI which is 3rd in the Summit behind SDSU (#65) and USD (#88).
    RPI needs another month at least before it really means anything.

We'll get a feel for this team over the next few weeks, every game outside of Arizona is very winnable.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 12-08-2017 at 02:25 AM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I agree with you and I am as hard on Coach as well. But the non conference games really recordwise mean almost nothing. Yes 12-14 see is better than play in game.
    thread drift: SDSU women look unstoppable right now against P5 teams. What is the highest they will ever be ranked of seeded into the tourney? Will never crack the top 25 but could get a vote or two and will not be higher than a 11 seed.
    If the women would have beaten Louisville I think they would have made the top 25. They were in the top 25 in 2009 or 2010? Can’t remember for sure. My point is that it’s definitely possible and has happened. Also, the SDSU women were a 10 seed in 2009 I believe. Kicked the crap out of TCU.

They were a 7 seed in 2009 in their first year of eligibility I believe.
    Thanks. Can’t remember if they were the 7 or the 10. Lost in the second round to a team they should have beat.