Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Saul went to the NCAA tourney his second year and to the second round his 7th season. Richman coached NDSU to the second round of the NCAA tourney his 1st year and has a 69-40 record in four seasons. That is hardly leaving the cupboard bare. In fact, Tim Miles can be credited with setting Phillips up and Phillips setting Richman up. Miles is the only coach of the three not to win a conference title. The only one of the three to not coach a Bison team to the dance. Of the three mentioned, Miles had the worse winning percentage, yet the very next coach was very successful with Miles' recruits. In fact, Phillips started losing when he ran out of Miles' recruits and learned how to build his own team. Richman has done very well with the team Phillips has left him and now we get to start seeing him with teams of all his own recruits.

I love Tim Miles and started following him when he took his first job at Mayville State. I said then would be a D1 coach someday at a big program. He also didn't have the success as his successors because of things like transition period and things like that, but he certainly didn't leave the cupboard bare. That is simply ignorant.
    Tim Miles put this program on the map with basically 2 outstanding wins that probably 90% of all small majors will never see in this lifetime.

Saul also finished a meager 16-13 his first season, 10-8 in conference play with a 4th place finish with the Fab 5 when they were juniors. If we could reverse time, could you imagine the shitting on he would have taken from the posters on this message board now? According to people here, that group of players was the best ever (great argument), and he finished 4th place in the conference when it was much worse than it was now with the best class of all time when they were considered upper classman.

When Saul's beloved team beat Oklahoma, as juniors they were 12-4 in conference play, finished 3rd, and lost in the first round of some post season tournament called the CBI. 3rd place in a conference that wasn't as good as it is now when the best NDSU team of all time in what many considered were juniors, aka upper classmen. He also left when the program had 1 outstanding player in LA, a young solid role player in Kory Brown and Carlin Dupree, an unknown in Dexter Werner, and basically nothing else, including recruiting.

And people want to shit on Dave Richman for being the best coach ever record-wise in his first 4 years, a tournament appearance, 2 conference championship losses, all because of a disappointing finish to last year and 3 home losses this year, 2 in which the teams were very good and much better?

LMAO - I don't exactly love Richman as a coach, but good grief, there's no perspective here. It's why people make fun of our basketball fanbase and don't take it seriously.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"It's why people make fun of our basketball fan base and don't take it seriously."
    I can't believe I just read that or that someone actually wrote that.
    How are we going to get people to take our basketball fan base seriously?
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    "It's why people make fun of our basketball fan base and don't take it seriously."
    I can't believe I just read that or that someone actually wrote that.
    How are we going to get people to take our basketball fan base seriously?
    I'm really glad that in context you agree with everything else. It's hard to argue with the stats when they're right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Tim Miles put this program on the map with basically 2 outstanding wins that probably 90% of all small majors will never see in this lifetime.

Saul also finished a meager 16-13 his first season, 10-8 in conference play with a 4th place finish with the Fab 5 when they were juniors. If we could reverse time, could you imagine the shitting on he would have taken from the posters on this message board now? According to people here, that group of players was the best ever (great argument), and he finished 4th place in the conference when it was much worse than it was now with the best class of all time when they were considered upper classman.

When Saul's beloved team beat Oklahoma, as juniors they were 12-4 in conference play, finished 3rd, and lost in the first round of some post season tournament called the CBI. 3rd place in a conference that wasn't as good as it is now when the best NDSU team of all time in what many considered were juniors, aka upper classmen. He also left when the program had 1 outstanding player in LA, a young solid role player in Kory Brown and Carlin Dupree, an unknown in Dexter Werner, and basically nothing else, including recruiting.

And people want to shit on Dave Richman for being the best coach ever record-wise in his first 4 years, a tournament appearance, 2 conference championship losses, all because of a disappointing finish to last year and 3 home losses this year, 2 in which the teams were very good and much better?

LMAO - I don't exactly love Richman as a coach, but good grief, there's no perspective here. It's why people make fun of our basketball fanbase and don't take it seriously.
    I think the issue is that some of us feel as tho the team wins in spite of him.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

whats richmans record with Lawrence Alexander compared to without him?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    whats richmans record with Lawrence Alexander compared to without him?
    48-32. 23-10 and NCAA first round with LA, 20-13 and Summit League final, 19-11 and first round exit by 19 points to the #7 team, and 9-8 this year. Tell me again how he isn't regressing?? No way we don't lose at least 3 more games this season. This team already has more home losses than the last 3 years. We have 7 home and 6 away left(counting today's).

Like someone pointed out, it's hard to argue with the stats when they are in front of you.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Do we not have the D1 athletes to Press? or at least a halfcourt trap??? with 3-4 min left down WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY!! plus 10 min left in game and in the bonus and we don't attack the rim more than 2 times???

that's all on the coach
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Consider if struggling to win at HOME--wait till play tough opponents on ROAD during conference play---is it going to be an o ferrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Consider if struggling to win at HOME--wait till play tough opponents on ROAD during conference play---is it going to be an o ferrrrrr
    Well, they already beat a tough conference opponent on the road in USD but I'd agree that this team is nowhere near good enough right now to win on the road (or at home for that matter) consistently enough to be considered a Summit League contender.

I'm reverting to my pre-miracle Vikings fan mentality when it comes to this team. Expect the worst but futilely hope for the best. Miracles happen every day (as Vikings fans can attest to).

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Team is just inconsistent. They can win on the road at Missouri St. who is 14-5 and one of the top MVC teams and at South Dakota which is one of the top Summit teams and then lay an egg at home. This Bison team is up and down and as professor said maybe at the end of the year they will be up.