Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Maybe make a run at Tom Crean for a head coach.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I'm about to suggest something that may result in me getting run off this board but could some of the problem be Paul Miller? As an individual player he's spectacular and could very arguably have a case for conference POY. But as a teammate I have to wonder. Chemistry is so important to teams like this and often the difference between 3rd place and 6th place can simply be a team with better chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by wcbsas View Post
    I'm about to suggest something that may result in me getting run off this board but could some of the problem be Paul Miller? As an individual player he's spectacular and could very arguably have a case for conference POY. But as a teammate I have to wonder. Chemistry is so important to teams like this and often the difference between 3rd place and 6th place can simply be a team with better chemistry.
    Could be. He has stepped up this year, but the damage could have already been done.
    We will probably never know and maybe shouldn't. I try never to call out one person in a team game, but I'm not naive
    Whatever it is, I hope they take care of it. I will continue support and my seats, but everyone has more fun when they win and enjoy playing.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

steelbison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So when we suck next year who are you going to blame? You will wish we had Miller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard for me to blame Paul when he stepped up his game and became a more complete player. He also took on a role as pg this season that he wasn't really comfortable with. Hard for me to blame Paul when this team has absolutely zero presence in the post. It is hard for me to blame Paul for when our offense features our post players setting screens 20 feet from the basket. It is hard for me to blame Paul that Deng Gue went stretches of games not even getting double digit minutes. I guess it is Paul's fault that our team isn't as athletic as it once was as well.

Take Paul off this team and I doubt we are looking a team with double digit wins. Denver, IPFW, USD and SDSU all out class us when it comes to talent and coaching and that is a problem.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 02-19-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Hard for me to blame Paul when he stepped up his game and became a more complete player. He also took on a role as pg this season that he wasn't really comfortable with. Hard for me to blame Paul when this team has absolutely zero presence in the post. It is hard for me to blame Paul for when our offense features our post players setting screens 20 feet from the basket. It is hard for me to blame Paul that Deng Gue went stretches of games not even getting double digit minutes. I guess it is Paul's fault that our team isn't as athletic as it once was as well.

Take Paul off this team and I doubt we are looking a team with double digit wins. Denver, IPFW, USD and SDSU all out class us when it comes to talent and coaching and that is a problem.
    Only one. Problem... our team excluding Paul and aj is probably as athletic as we have ever been

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Only one. Problem... our team excluding Paul and aj is probably as athletic as we have ever been
    The NCAA tournament team that beat OU set the standard for length and athleticism and we aren't really in that ballpark. I mean that entire starting line-up would still be playing pro ball if Marshall didn't want to go back to the farm.

A big problem with this team is that our more athletic players are not really consistent.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

Could not agree more. I guess we have to accept the fact Bison mens basketball is going to soon be as irrelevant as Bison women's basketball. Sucks knowing how well these teams have done in the past. Instead, shit holes like Brookings and Vermillion are now consistently out recruiting NDSU and Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Could not agree more. I guess we have to accept the fact Bison mens basketball is going to soon be as irrelevant as Bison women's basketball. Sucks knowing how well these teams have done in the past. Instead, shit holes like Brookings and Vermillion are now consistently out recruiting NDSU and Fargo.
    Fargo is a shit hole too it's just a lot bigger

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. Saul had some shit years where we finished. 500 or below .500 in conference play and he wasn't criticized nearly as much.
    But Saul came out and said what is happening. DR seems like he doesn't even know what the issue is or if he does he is too stubborn to change.