Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

After last year issues---Dupree and Miller; I feel this team still has issues. It's talked a lot about being a family, but I don't see a very tight family.

You're supposedly best player, Paul Miller, is definitely not a leader. I think he's attitude has brought down entire team. It's frustrating watching him play and if his jumper isn't falling to affect rest of his game.

Khy, being a PG, decision making is not good to put it nicely. I don't think he sees floor well---It's not good when you're PG leads team in turnovers especially when doesn't dominate ball in half court offense.

AJ, I've been looking or waiting for him to step up his game---now for year and a half. He went through 4-5 games didn't even look to shoot or be aggressive on offense and WE NEED his point production.

Deng, needs more playing time as I think has high potential---will see if brought along slowly.

I feel for Coach Richman as it feels like there are more chemistry issues with team that are holding them back---perhaps I'm wrong but team is not progressing like I hoped.

The points I made above could be fixed----but I think are big from them being a 18-14 team and bowing out early in Summit Tourney or coming together and being a potential NCAA Tournament team.

TELL ME I'M WRONG and Overreacting

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Coaching is my MAJOR concern. & not 1 NDSCS transfer since Andre Smith and Richmond's Dad is the president & basketball coach legend down there!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Is this all insider information or perception based? Pretty easy to say there are issues when we have seen them for a total of 8 times when they have been practicing every day for a month and half.

As far as Miller being a leader, who says he should be a leader? He's never once assumed that role that I have seen. The best players aren't always the leaders.

With that being said the team has a long ways to go to be where they want to be by the end of the year. Good thing conference hasn't even started.

Don't feel bad for Richman. A lot of what's happening on the floor, specifically the offense, is something he has control over. Let alone playing players he feels shouldn't be on the court, if that's even the case which we don't know.

During the presser today, it sure sounded like lineup changes are coming.

Sorry for the thread drift, but didn't want to start a new one just for this. If anyone would like two tickets for tomorrow nites game, we have 2 avail in sect. 117. PM please.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    During the presser today, it sure sounded like lineup changes are coming.
    Interesting

I have watched 4 games, it appears the players are fatigued right from the start of the games. Bad ball handling and terrible shooting. Hopefully some rest will help and a leader will emerge.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally getting tired of coach constantly taking about "culture" and "great kids" on the team at pressers. Time to coach and win, not talk about team culture.

Can we put this thread, specifically the stuff about Paul Miller in the Hall of Shame yet?
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Can we put this thread, specifically the stuff about Paul Miller in the Hall of Shame yet?
    I will second that!