Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by BISONFAN4LIFE View Post
    But Saul came out and said what is happening. DR seems like he doesn't even know what the issue is or if he does he is too stubborn to change.
    My observation is that DR both lacks the ability to manage varying personalities and the ability to understand that he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My observation is that DR both lacks the ability to manage varying personalities and the ability to understand that he does.

If that's true...the latter is the worse of the 2. Any good coach knows their weaknesses and hires assistants to compliment that.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Fargo is a shit hole too it's just a lot bigger
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For me it is all the coach. He seems in over his head. Even during the winning seasons things were amiss. Season tickets this year were a lot of money spent to see the team lose over and over unless you count Jamestown and Mayville.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

I had stayed out of this thread for quite a while.

The disappointing aspect of the team right now is what is the plan and where is the vision for this team in the future. I can understand having a down year or two, but right now we have had two down years in a row with little hope on the horizon of being a contending team. We are a football school, but we should be able to have a plan to be successful every few years in basketball. Our old plan relied upon development, redshirting and having a core group of guys that played together for several years together before they won big as upperclassman. Call me crazy but that is a formula that worked for us. We have had some teams that have stunk in the past 10-15 years, but this version offers the least hope that I can remember. After this season we will lose our best scorer and arguably our best rebounder in Paul. When you lose your best player it is difficult to be better the next year season! The year when Woodside's crew all redshirted during transition we were horrible, but we were all told wait until the red shirts all start playing our team will be significantly better. The 09-10 team was was pretty bad also. Also, it had a guy named Taylor Braun that was getting redshirted. When we have 5 years guys in the program that is when you really see them develop from my point of view.

When we look at the current roster and how it is constructed for next year there are a lot of unknowns. It seems we have recruited poorly at the 4 & 5 positions. The players we have recruited have been projects and have not developed at the speed us fans would have liked. Some of our best teams could control games by packing the lane and rebounding the misses which is where I find this team really struggles. We have recruited quite a bit of length but we forgot to recruit a rebounder and a couple of tough nosed defensive guys. There is nobody on the roster right now that is tough as nails as Corey Brown or a worker bee that Mike Nelson was.

The biggest thing Richmond needs to do is develop a better plan, and get his butt out to recruit better players who will stick around and play here. We have had way too many guys leave program in like couple of years. The PG who left this year, Clements who left the year before, the big center leaving early this year. That kills your development.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I had stayed out of this thread for quite a while.

The disappointing aspect of the team right now is what is the plan and where is the vision for this team in the future. I can understand having a down year or two, but right now we have had two down years in a row with little hope on the horizon of being a contending team. We are a football school, but we should be able to have a plan to be successful every few years in basketball. Our old plan relied upon development, redshirting and having a core group of guys that played together for several years together before they won big as upperclassman. Call me crazy but that is a formula that worked for us. We have had some teams that have stunk in the past 10-15 years, but this version offers the least hope that I can remember. After this season we will lose our best scorer and arguably our best rebounder in Paul. When you lose your best player it is difficult to be better the next year season! The year when Woodside's crew all redshirted during transition we were horrible, but we were all told wait until the red shirts all start playing our team will be significantly better. The 09-10 team was was pretty bad also. Also, it had a guy named Taylor Braun that was getting redshirted. When we have 5 years guys in the program that is when you really see them develop from my point of view.

When we look at the current roster and how it is constructed for next year there are a lot of unknowns. It seems we have recruited poorly at the 4 & 5 positions. The players we have recruited have been projects and have not developed at the speed us fans would have liked. Some of our best teams could control games by packing the lane and rebounding the misses which is where I find this team really struggles. We have recruited quite a bit of length but we forgot to recruit a rebounder and a couple of tough nosed defensive guys. There is nobody on the roster right now that is tough as nails as Corey Brown or a worker bee that Mike Nelson was.

The biggest thing Richmond needs to do is develop a better plan, and get his butt out to recruit better players who will stick around and play here. We have had way too many guys leave program in like couple of years. The PG who left this year, Clements who left the year before, the big center leaving early this year. That kills your development.
    The football school reference should be jettisoned for any BB discussion. FB does not take any $$ from BB, it just sets a bar that, for some reason, our BB teams can’t reach. So, eliminate FB from BB discussion please. The FB team doesn’t give a fuck the success of BB teams when it’s playing for NATTYS, and I don’t care when I’m donating to TMs and my money is spread around, although I wish it would all go to FB, but doesn’t.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Im worried another key player leaves. Could happen. 1 and done next week is most likely. We now have to beat Omaha to avoid the SD schools, only to play an Ipfw team we cannot guard. What's to stop a Ward or Hunter from moving on? Happens all the time. If we can keep all the vital players together, we do have a promising class coming in and Eady that can contribute. Somehow find a guy (on the roster currently or not) that can contribute down low then there's some hope. Next year may be another tough one. The bad part is who coming back next year can you honestly say improved a lot from the beginning of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The football school reference should be jettisoned for any BB discussion. FB does not take any $$ from BB, it just sets a bar that, for some reason, our BB teams can’t reach. So, eliminate FB from BB discussion please. The FB team doesn’t give a fuck the success of BB teams when it’s playing for NATTYS, and I don’t care when I’m donating to TMs and my money is spread around, although I wish it would all go to FB, but doesn’t.

Disagree ... football proves that NDSU can be very very successful in any athletic endeavor. It generates revenues, prestige and recognition that all the other programs should be utilizing. In part because of football the athletic program is able to build a new practice facility and renovate the arena.

There is no reason that NDSU should not consistently be in the top 3 of the basketball conference each and every year. It has the resources, fan support, lack of hockey as winter competition, facilities and legacy to demand such.

It is easy to pile on a coach when things are not going the right way but where is the optimism for the future? Who is going to score next year? Are the recruiting classes getting better or worse? With the recent coaching turnover at both SD schools you would've hoped NDSU could have established themselves ahead of them but it appears now both are in better position for future success then the Bison.

Football is certainly part of the discussion. Maybe it sets unrealistic expectations. Maybe its presence it a disadvantage - or maybe its an advantage.

I put the current state of both programs of basketball on the coaches. Both coaches have been in place for 4 seasons now. These are their recruits. If players are not developing the way they should be it is on coaches. You misjudged the potential of the player and/or you are unable to coach and develop the players better. Both Richman and Walseth should be on the hot seat. If there is not measureable improvement next year there should be changes made. As I look at the men's team I do see potential in the players returning and hope of the redshirts and incoming to maybe make the improvement needed. Women's team is all based on the Junior class of next year. They have to get it done , no excuses.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

7 - 18 thats ndsu"s basketball record last 23 games if you take out wins vs naia teams & 300+ rpi teams.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?