Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Many including myself have expressed opinions on the state of Men's and Women's basketball programs. As for the Men's Program. Discussion of coaches, players and administration have been talked about. Is there a coach on the current staff that could change the direction of the program for the better. I know there are many Richman supporters and I get that. Is Olsen the guy that could improve the program? How about Brown? How about Veasley. If there was a change to be made and we only had to pick from current staff, I would take Veasley. Maybe his ties the Butler as a player and being from Illinois could open up and gets from kids from the east coast or at least further east than we normally recruit.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Many including myself have expressed opinions on the state of Men's and Women's basketball programs. As for the Men's Program. Discussion of coaches, players and administration have been talked about. Is there a coach on the current staff that could change the direction of the program for the better. I know there are many Richman supporters and I get that. Is Olsen the guy that could improve the program? How about Brown? How about Veasley. If there was a change to be made and we only had to pick from current staff, I would take Veasley. Maybe his ties the Butler as a player and being from Illinois could open up and gets from kids from the east coast or at least further east than we normally recruit.

Need new blood, bigger name coach , someone on that way down off a P5 conference.... need to create some excitement!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

never heard of any of them fools before...sheed wallace said it best "ball dont lie" ...if u can coach at wisconsin platteville u can coach at wisconsin badgers (bo ryan) if u can coach at texas stephansville high school football u can coach at baylor (art briles), if u can coach at youngstown state u can coach at ohio state (jim the sweatervest tressel), if u can coach at mayville state u can coach at nebraska------ball dont lie!!!!----in less than an hr ndsu could have the best coaching staff in the summit league assembled at the scheels center ready 2 right the herd hoop ship, gulvigs just gotta walk across the court, irwin waltz on down from wherever he sits in the stands, rory white just call him a cab from luckys 15 min tops hed be there (less with izzys luxeri audi and chicagland driver skills) and stu just hop in is car with sam baker and boom in less than an hour 2 tops u got one of the best coaching staffs in mid major basketball for the next 10-15 years...and while your at it matt larson womans hoops is an even easier fix (especially now that the toll bridge is open and u dont need tokens) just call up amy over at moorhead state, think that's any coincidence the unheard of sucess there having? what do you think amy just shaking hands with big baller dragon fire boosters all day?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    never heard of any of them fools before...sheed wallace said it best "ball dont lie" ...if u can coach at wisconsin platteville u can coach at wisconsin badgers (bo ryan) if u can coach at texas stephansville high school football u can coach at baylor (art briles), if u can coach at youngstown state u can coach at ohio state (jim the sweatervest tressel), if u can coach at mayville state u can coach at nebraska------ball dont lie!!!!----in less than an hr ndsu could have the best coaching staff in the summit league assembled at the scheels center ready 2 right the herd hoop ship, gulvigs just gotta walk across the court, irwin waltz on down from wherever he sits in the stands, rory white just call him a cab from luckys 15 min tops hed be there (less with izzys luxeri audi and chicagland driver skills) and stu just hop in is car with sam baker and boom in less than an hour 2 tops u got one of the best coaching staffs in mid major basketball for the next 10-15 years...and while your at it matt larson womans hoops is an even easier fix (especially now that the toll bridge is open and u dont need tokens) just call up amy over at moorhead state, think that's any coincidence the unheard of sucess there having? what do you think amy just shaking hands with big baller dragon fire boosters all day?
    Lol you think Amy is the reason MSUM is good? She just went there this past year. She was responsible for the start of the womens BB slide here. Don't get me wrong I love Amy and what she was able to accomplish here but her time has passed. If you want someone from MSUM it should be Karla Nelson.

This past summer there was a video posted on the GoBison board of an interview with Miles, Phillips and Richman after a golf outing. Go back and watch that video ... watch how charismatic and outgoing and personable Miles and Phillips were and then watch Richman. Now I realize that this was just one instance and that the situation may not have warranted anything different then what happened ... but the bottom line is I do not think Richman has the charisma and personality that his predecessors had ... and not just with the media or fans but with players as well. Now I'm not suggesting he needs to be Jerry Lewis but so much of the job is managing people ... administration, players, boosters, media, coaches, referees, AAU coaches, fans ... I'm not sure he possesses the things he needs to do that well, at least as well as his predecessors.

As far as others on his staff Jayden Olson is a clone of Richman ... which is another thing that hurts Richman is that his closest most trusted assistant is a mirror reflection. There is no offsetting, complimentary voice in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by wcbsas View Post
    This past summer there was a video posted on the GoBison board of an interview with Miles, Phillips and Richman after a golf outing. Go back and watch that video ... watch how charismatic and outgoing and personable Miles and Phillips were and then watch Richman. Now I realize that this was just one instance and that the situation may not have warranted anything different then what happened ... but the bottom line is I do not think Richman has the charisma and personality that his predecessors had ... and not just with the media or fans but with players as well. Now I'm not suggesting he needs to be Jerry Lewis but so much of the job is managing people ... administration, players, boosters, media, coaches, referees, AAU coaches, fans ... I'm not sure he possesses the things he needs to do that well, at least as well as his predecessors.

As far as others on his staff Jayden Olson is a clone of Richman ... which is another thing that hurts Richman is that his closest most trusted assistant is a mirror reflection. There is no offsetting, complimentary voice in the room.
    I have seen that video the three did. I would agree with you on the points you made on outgoing Tim and Saul are vs Dave. That is what lead me to my question of the rest of the staff is there is someone there to take over. I would agree with you on Jayden as well. I do not have any personal info on Brown or Veasley. Veasley just coming from where he does and what he has done has to be worth something.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Couldn't agree more.

I have seen that video the three did. I would agree with you on the points you made on outgoing Tim and Saul are vs Dave. That is what lead me to my question of the rest of the staff is there is someone there to take over. I would agree with you on Jayden as well. I do not have any personal info on Brown or Veasley. Veasley just coming from where he does and what he has done has to be worth something.
    I don't know the assistants but I would doubt we promote anyone on this staff if we go in a different direction.

If things don't work out with DR at NDSU, none of his assistants would become the next coach. I believe Kyan Brown was one of the finalist for the ORU job this past season, seems he further along then Will.

I wonder if Woodside has any desire to get into coaching. I know him and Moorman do a great job with their camps. Obviously Ben would have to work his way up but seems like a guy who could become a solid coach down the road.

I remember ppl complaining about Sauls personality.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I remember ppl complaining about Sauls personality.
    I think the main complaint was actually that Saul was all personality and didn't manage the X's & O's of basketball as well. At least that's what I remember people complaining about, I loved the guy, the players loved the guy and the student section loved the guy. We could use some of that personality right about now!