Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not sure I really agree with stuff about Miller at all, thought he was a great player in all aspects for most of the year and especially during conference play. He was even having an impact when his shot was off in a few games.

I felt like he really turned the corner this year.
    Not sure I agree. There is no question he's a very good player (I do not like the term great, bestowed to easy and too often). He is a CPOY caliber talent. But your best player HAS TO by default be a leader in some way. Doesn't always have to be vocal rah-rah kind of guy. Doesn't have to be anything but a team-first guy. There's the rub. There is no hard fast data to suggest otherwise but there are enough whispers to suggest that there are moments where he's not that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    Not sure I agree. There is no question he's a very good player (I do not like the term great, bestowed to easy and too often). He is a CPOY caliber talent. But your best player HAS TO by default be a leader in some way. Doesn't always have to be vocal rah-rah kind of guy. Doesn't have to be anything but a team-first guy. There's the rub. There is no hard fast data to suggest otherwise but there are enough whispers to suggest that there are moments where he's not that guy.
    I think by the end of the season he had become that guy. Heck we played SDSU and he was basically just a decoy and executed the role perfectly.

He hit the glass and defended well all year. I just don't get the criticism at all, there were things to talk about at the end of last season and early this season but he got past it all and really seemed to mature.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we had 5 Paul Millers we would be in the dance right now.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    If we had 5 Paul Millers we would be in the dance right now.
    Probably only need 3 Paul Millers and we would be dancing.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1 Paul Miller and in the Big Sky and we'd be dancing.

Coach Richman interviewed on KVRR today. Will air tonight at 9.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think whoever said AJ is who he is at this point said it best. He's not going to be the dominant scorer in the Summit League many of us hoped he would become after a promising freshman year. That said this team doesn't really need that. They have plenty of scoring with Paul Miller, Khy Khabellis, and Tyson Ward (who should be even better next year). This team needs AJ to be a post defender, rebounder, and leader. Think mini-Chris Kading but with the ability to hit 3s. That's his role at this point.

To me the key to whether this program trends up or down in 2017-2018 is Dylan Miller and Deng Geu. Those two were maddeningly inconsistent all year and they didn't get enough minutes to ever really get comfortable IMO. They're going to have to play more minutes next year and they need to give the Bison a frontline presence that they're losing with Dex graduating.

To those frustrated with Geu I'll say this; Dex played a total of 43 minutes his redshirt freshman season and he turned out pretty good. There's a lot of basketball in front of Mr Geu. Regardless of how he was handled this year he's got plenty of time still to grow into a great player.
    The only frustrating thing about Geu is his lack of minutes I.e. How he was not used. He was the best player on the team vs Xavior, and then got 5 minutes or less immediately after that. He had a throw away Year, it was crazy. His development is critical, and it was thrown away. Don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    The only frustrating thing about Geu is his lack of minutes I.e. How he was not used. He was the best player on the team vs Xavior, and then got 5 minutes or less immediately after that. He had a throw away Year, it was crazy. His development is critical, and it was thrown away. Don't get me started.
    If he would not have been beat so badly on D or get a stupid foul while he was on the floor he would have played more minutes. He looked like he has only played basketball for 5 years. He was only a freshman he will earn and get his minutes.

The game needs to "slow" down for the younger players. They try so hard when they are in because of limited minutes and want to be perfect. The game gets better for players when they stop "thinking" so much and just react to the plays. Team really needs to improve this off season. Film work is important as well as on court time.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Its amazing how many athletes at Ndsu have had wasted years, fball included