Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

The biggest issues with the Bison MBB team are clearly a lack of Indoor Practice Facility and the lowly division in which we play being uninspiring.

Nailed it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Biggest issues:

1. No true PG - Khy isn't it IMO.
    2. No true center - Dylan showed signs but not nearly enough
    3. No offensive identity - run the weave until the shot clock is down then fire up a 3 meh

Dave has a lot of work to do to get the program back to being capable of winning an NCAA game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Biggest issues:

1. No true PG - Khy isn't it IMO.
    2. No true center - Dylan showed signs but not nearly enough
    3. No offensive identity - run the weave until the shot clock is down then fire up a 3 meh

Dave has a lot of work to do to get the program back to being capable of winning an NCAA game.
    What is a true center? Do they even exist anymore?
    Number 3 was enough of an offensive identity to get us past Oklahoma in the dance.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Number 3 was enough of an offensive identity to get us past Oklahoma in the dance.
    Marshall B. was a true center. No doubt about that. Despite his size, I do think Dex was a true center. Yes, they very much still exist and I am convinced underused.

I'm talking a Marshall Bjorklund type center. Someone who controls the low post and has a back to the basket game. Dex was pretty damn close even though he was a bit shorter then most still more of a PF. He was drastically under used by Richman IMO. Yes they do exist if you are willing to look and put the effort into developing them.
    We weren't just a dribble weave offense in 2013-14. There was a lot of inside/outside play from that team. I don't see anything that resembles our 2013-14 offense under Richman. It's been the dribble weave and chuck up a 3 at the end of the shot clock since then.

Were we running the weave when Saul was here/vs Okla? I remember it being more dribble drive back then...But my memory sucks.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Were we running the weave when Saul was here/vs Okla? I remember it being more dribble drive back then...But my memory sucks.
    Yeah, the weave started with LA's senior season. It was an effective offense for that team but it needed to change when LA graduated.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I am optimistic with some of our newer coaches that this offseason will be productive. Last year at the end of the season I looked at what we were losing offensively vs replacing with redshirt talent (Geu) and thought we woud be better offensively this year than we were last year.

Now, I look back at how much Braun and Alexander really carried our team especially at the end of the shot clock. So many clutch shots with under 3 on the shot clock.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Yeah, the weave started with LA's senior season. It was an effective offense for that team but it needed to change when LA graduated.
    Im sure youre right, but I dont remember that. i remember us doing this a lot.....holding on to the ball until the last second and braun driving and throwing up a circus shot.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Im sure youre right, but I dont remember that. i remember us doing this a lot.....holding on to the ball until the last second and braun driving and throwing up a circus shot.
    braun graduated year earlier.