Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
This is Richman's 4th year. His worst year ironically was his second year in which they went 20-13(8-8) and I believe made it to the Conference finals. He took over a program that was very poorly recruited considering the success that was happening, IMO.

The program was never given a chance to benefit off that Oklahoma win in recruiting because Saul never tied recruiting up before he left and I would imagine a rookie HC didn't have a lot of pull. Richman has done an excellent job at recruiting perimeter players and a very poor job at recruiting inside. The player development argument is garbage. Paul Miller's development has been significant, same with Ward. On the flip side, the player development of the inside players, well, has been garbage.

Firing Richman opinions are just ignorant and completely unsubstantiated. He has been NDSU's most successful coach in history, and despite what anyone thinks, this season's success is based on conference, not out of conference. This ain't football where NDSU is expected to compete for Championships in a sub division. I would personally be pissed if Richman beat all these teams and then pissed the conference away.

With all that being said, Richman better figure out how to coach offense and get his teams to play with a little energy, immediately, or the above arguments for him are going to quickly lose their merit.
so ndsu is 3-5 (Stetson & Florida A M 328 & 344 RPI) so basically 1-5 . they lost last 2 of 2016 season. next 6=und Arizona UNC-wilm & UTEP SDSU USD. 1-13!!!!!!! if that happens you think long and hard about sending him back to ndscs