Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Can’t. No one knows what’s truly going on except those that are in that locker room and athletic department. He needs to figure it out this offseason, though. Didn’t last year end with the team deciding not to do a post-season tournament because of the way it ended? Not a good look when the page still hasn’t been turned. To me, it just looks like no one on the team enjoys themselves. Richman seems to want to act like Bill Belichick from the Patriots, but without the winning (obviously). It’s just his style.
    I think last year the admin didn't want to potentially pay for another tournament and the year before the team decided to pull the pin. That was the year Miller sat out a Summit tournament game.

My concern with Richman is that he is another Ray Giac, he can win with another coach's talent but can't really sustain things on his own.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    My concern with Richman is that he is another Ray Giac, he can win with another coach's talent but can't really sustain things on his own.
    I don't know about this part, the talent is there and has continued to come in as Cam, Rocky, Tyson, Eady all look like great players to come. The problem seems to be the utilization of the talent. Our rotations aren't based on matchups they are based on minutes it seems like and we run an offense where our center is standing outside the 3 point line catching a pass, these are things that need to be changed. Spencer is a big body, he should be setting ball screens, posting up and setting baseline screens, not standing at the 3 point line. When Denver went to a small lineup without Amigo we should have pounded the ball inside to Spencer and played Geu at the 5 when he needed a break and continued to pound away. Instead we run the same schemes regardless of game situations and it limits the talent of the players on the floor. That's my 2 cents anyway

GAWD can I not wait for a fresh start. Next year may or may not be better, but it won't be this year! Now we have UND fans on here talking about how to handle a coach....Perfect! I say we cut everyone's salary in half to match Jones and his staff, then cut a few sports. Now we have SDSU fan on here talking about how we stink. NO crap. We stink. You also have the best player in the SUmmit who has been at SDSU for 11 years already! Your coach also ran a damn zone until you guys almost fired him. THings change. My goodness. Can we not overreact. We aren't as bad as we think, we just need a fresh start. This has been awful!!!! I actually do get excited about some of the youth on the team. Addition by subtraction. Lets move forward.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I don't know about this part, the talent is there and has continued to come in as Cam, Rocky, Tyson, Eady all look like great players to come. The problem seems to be the utilization of the talent. Our rotations aren't based on matchups they are based on minutes it seems like and we run an offense where our center is standing outside the 3 point line catching a pass, these are things that need to be changed. Spencer is a big body, he should be setting ball screens, posting up and setting baseline screens, not standing at the 3 point line. When Denver went to a small lineup without Amigo we should have pounded the ball inside to Spencer and played Geu at the 5 when he needed a break and continued to pound away. Instead we run the same schemes regardless of game situations and it limits the talent of the players on the floor. That's my 2 cents anyway
    The talent in our front court needs to change, I'm not expecting another Bjorklund to walk through that door but right now we just don't have much and with Spencer gone it is another hit since he brought some toughness and defense. Hopefully there is a transfer out there, give me some toughness.

I've also been kind of frustrated with how our bigs are played, it goes back to Dex where at times he would be out on the perimeter where he just wasn't very useful. I still can't believe that the first time Gue and AJ played together was the USD home game. That is on the whole staff, you have to find ways to get Gue on the floor.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    GAWD can I not wait for a fresh start. Next year may or may not be better, but it won't be this year! Now we have UND fans on here talking about how to handle a coach....Perfect! I say we cut everyone's salary in half to match Jones and his staff, then cut a few sports. Now we have SDSU fan on here talking about how we stink. NO crap. We stink. You also have the best player in the SUmmit who has been at SDSU for 11 years already! Your coach also ran a damn zone until you guys almost fired him. THings change. My goodness. Can we not overreact. We aren't as bad as we think, we just need a fresh start. This has been awful!!!! I actually do get excited about some of the youth on the team. Addition by subtraction. Lets move forward.
    It is funny how a legit question about your coach's contract situation really hit a nerve. I never suggested how to handle it, just asked a pretty relevant question to the discussion because I wasn't sure. I've seen firsthand what letting a coach go into a lame duck season does for recruiting but if you don't think it's an actual big deal, more power to you. Nothing to see here I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    It is funny how a legit question about your coach's contract situation really hit a nerve. I never suggested how to handle it, just asked a pretty relevant question to the discussion because I wasn't sure. I've seen firsthand what letting a coach go into a lame duck season does for recruiting but if you don't think it's an actual big deal, more power to you. Nothing to see here I guess.
    Lots to see here actually. It’s like there is a different standard for basketball at NDSU compared to football and other sports for that matter. Track & Field doing well, Women’s Softball, Golf, Wrestling a bit down but expectations high, etc. Something close to .500 with MBB at NDSU HAS ALWAYS been ok because it was sold to media and fans years ago—Bring in the band and make it fun—doesn’t matter if you win!! RMFEs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Wow, addition by subtraction. Lazy, lazy, lazy. So we will be better without those three? If those guys are so bad a coach worth his weight would bench them or kick them off the team.

Addition by subtraction, just wait out the clock and they will be gone. Really great leadership there. Burgundy you seem in the know and if that is what coaches are hoping for this program is already sunk. Nothing makes me madder than passing the buck on a season. That had better not be happening because if that is the case Richmond needs to be fired right now.

BTW put me in the camp that thinks these three guys should be shown much more respect than that!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post

if you can play 4 the clippers, coach with mike dunleavy sr 4 the clippers, and turn the fm beez into a mini dynasty, you can coach 4 the bison! am i wrong? am i wrong?

this is the single greatest post in BV history. Rory rules

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Lots to see here actually. It’s like there is a different standard for basketball at NDSU compared to football and other sports for that matter. Track & Field doing well, Women’s Softball, Golf, Wrestling a bit down but expectations high, etc. Something close to .500 with MBB at NDSU HAS ALWAYS been ok because it was sold to media and fans years ago—Bring in the band and make it fun—doesn’t matter if you win!! RMFEs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This post is completely filled with bullchit. Whose expectation is it that we go .500? The basketball program is put into an impossible comparison of success with the football team. What football does is beyond extraordinary and you are lucky enough to have been a part of it. Looking at our short stint at the D1 level, how can we not be ecstatic with what we've accomplished? Multiple trips to the NCAA tourney, upsets of top 20 teams in the country, knocking off OK in the tourney. The fact that this is happening IN SPITE OF a complete lack of history and tradition of success is incredible. You are the first to quick to point out that our basketball team isn't our football team, which I'd agree. We don't get the pick of the litter on recruits. We can't parade the names of decades worth of NBA players like we can with NFL players.

We won 19 games last year and we were all disappointed in the ending of the season. That's not apathy. This season sucks and we have grown men calling out individual players on here. That's not classy.

Quote Originally Posted by grizlandbisonfan View Post
    This post is completely filled with bullchit. Whose expectation is it that we go .500? The basketball program is put into an impossible comparison of success with the football team. What football does is beyond extraordinary and you are lucky enough to have been a part of it. Looking at our short stint at the D1 level, how can we not be ecstatic with what we've accomplished? Multiple trips to the NCAA tourney, upsets of top 20 teams in the country, knocking off OK in the tourney. The fact that this is happening IN SPITE OF a complete lack of history and tradition of success is incredible. You are the first to quick to point out that our basketball team isn't our football team, which I'd agree. We don't get the pick of the litter on recruits. We can't parade the names of decades worth of NBA players like we can with NFL players.

We won 19 games last year and we were all disappointed in the ending of the season. That's not apathy. This season sucks and we have grown men calling out individual players on here. That's not classy.
    It seems to me the only people comparing it to football are the ones complaining about people camparing it to football.

Calling out players? We can't discuss it? Should we just say "player John doe 1" would that make you feel better? This isnt high school sports. This is college. D1. Grown men playing. Its a part of the deal. They dont say anything about players in the newspapers? Come on man...lighten up.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club