Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayville

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Mayville

Quote Originally Posted by mdk23 View Post
    Nope. We still look pathetic. Thunstedt gets beat off the dribble by slow, unathletic, NAIA guards. Bri Jones struggled to guard their undersized post at times. It's bad, but it's not getting better. The coaching staff seemed completely uninterested in the game at times. They aren't engaged in huddles. Players don't seem to develop new skills. Our offense looked good in the first quarter (31 pts) and then just 4 points in the next 6 minutes. I'm losing hope that Maren is the one to turn this thing around. Someone convince me otherwise...
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Just glad we found the appropriate level of competition for this team. Perhaps we can reclassify just that program to play in Mayberry's league.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    Yep, no Gamble or Ogden, plus the two you mentioned.
    Someone mentioned they said on the radio Breske Concussion, Ogden Shoulder, Speier Knee but held out precautionary.

My 2 cents: Emily walks with a slight limp from previous leg/knee trouble.
    She has been logging lots of minutes because there are only 3 bigs, including a true freshman. Most, or all, are undersized for their position. (All actually.)
    I think if she continues to play extended minutes that she will eventually be hurt and out, OR she will get worn out during the conference season.

Quote Originally Posted by mdk23 View Post
    Nope. We still look pathetic. Thunstedt gets beat off the dribble by slow, unathletic, NAIA guards. Bri Jones struggled to guard their undersized post at times. It's bad, but it's not getting better. The coaching staff seemed completely uninterested in the game at times. They aren't engaged in huddles. Players don't seem to develop new skills. Our offense looked good in the first quarter (31 pts) and then just 4 points in the next 6 minutes. I'm losing hope that Maren is the one to turn this thing around. Someone convince me otherwise...

I watched the game on TV here. Looked like about a hundred people in attendance. Bison are not a good team.

Listened to the coach today on 1660 and like I said before, the more I listen to her talk, the more I suspect she is not a good fit here.