Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Semi Final YSU at EWU

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Other Semi Final YSU at EWU

Lots to talk about for this game as well.
    The temp in Cheney on Saturday is showing 3 to -7.
    Also in another thread this was posted. http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/1...nsion-/?mobile
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Default Re: Other Semi Final YSU at EWU

Depending on who they are and if suspensions happen that may change things but I think YSU matches up better defensively with EWU's offense than almost any FCS team out there. Their DEs should allow them to get pressure with just the front four and if their corners are capable of pressing the WRs that may really put Gubrud in a bind. For as good as he's been he's been prone to throw the INT (12 on the year). Remember he got pulled in the UNI game after going 13-26 for 114 and 2 INTs. I think this YSU defense is just as good. EWU won't be able to run against YSU so they'll have to air it out to score.

That said EWU seems like they've found a groove defensively and I'm not sure YSU's offense is capable of putting up the necessary points. I think EWU wins but it will be a battle. If EWU is favored by more than 6 my money would go on YSU with the points.

Bo talked about making correction on offense. What were they? Whatever it was they have gotten better
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

This game is interesting, the more I think about it the more I can see YSU maybe winning. Bo has that team playing well at the right time.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    This game is interesting, the more I think about it the more I can see YSU maybe winning. Bo has that team playing well at the right time.
    Not if they can't dress enough players.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Bo talked about making correction on offense. What were they? Whatever it was they have gotten better
    I think he finally settled in on a QB and realized that a traditional pocket passer could score plenty of points given the style of team and weapons he has around him.

Even going back to his Nebraska days he's had some strange infatuation with dual-threat QBs. I went to a Nebraska game in 2011 when Taylor Martinez was their QB and I remember thinking that Brock Jensen was easily twice the passer that Martinez was (and I think he was a senior that year). But Martinez could run with the best of them at QB so Bo kept trotting him out there.

YSU lost to EWU by only four the first time around. Depending on who they lose due to stupidity I think they have a punchers chance.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    YSU lost to EWU by only four the first time around. Depending on who they lose due to stupidity I think they have a punchers chance.
    Are you thinking of UNI? I don't think they've played this year.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Are you thinking of UNI? I don't think they've played this year.
    Ya, my mistake.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Keep in mind, YSU has been going all out for several months now without a bye week. That gives EWU a big advantage with that extra rest and the cupcakes they have played so far in the playoffs. Graduation, cross country travel, etc can be a big factor here. Weather obviously swings in YSU favor.