Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU at NDSU - Semifinals

Default Re: JMU at NDSU - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Man, that sucks for anyone, but especially a senior. One of our OLB sprained his knee late in the year, hoping to get him back on Friday. Did Kirsch play much against Sammy?
    He did not play against Sam Houston. We started our backup who went against what was supposed to be their best Defensive Lineman. He pretty much held his own.

Game is sooold out!!! Let's Gooooo!!!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Friday yet?

Ok, weather gurus; should I drive up tonight from Sioux Falls or wait until AM.

Discuss.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Friday yet?
    Yes. From what I have been told, tailgating has started in Guam.

Can they hold up for 4 quarters in the trenches?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Can they hold up for 4 quarters in the trenches?
    I wonder that too. Sounds like they haven't had to.

Although lol at the people who thing all white unis are actually an advantage.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Ok, weather gurus; should I drive up tonight from Sioux Falls or wait until AM.

Discuss.
    Drive today. Listening to the weather this morning on the way into work Two Tall Tom was saying south and east of here tomorrow into Saturday is going to be 7-12 inches of snow with wind. I'd be driving today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
    He did not play against Sam Houston. We started our backup who went against what was supposed to be their best Defensive Lineman. He pretty much held his own.
    Well you literally had one player then, who "did not play".

SHSU players not only did not "play" they didnt get off the bus, and yet your guys never played "down" to the opponents level, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    And I'm simply pointing out that we are deep and balanced enough to overcome the loss of the #2 pick in the draft. Despite teams focusing more on the run due to an inexperienced backup, we actually averaged more yards rushing and the same total offense last year with Stick than with Wentz.
    well, the backup QB put 63 points on Elon the following week when playing the entire game. So clearly the O didn't miss a beat when he had a chance to prepare himself and take first team reps in practice. He was really 3rd string running the scout team all year. our SC transfer QB was 2nd string until he was hurt the week before Schor was. So Johnson (the freshmen) really had zero prep time.

I haven't been on this board since we played you guys in 2011. I have great respect for what you all have done since then. Winning 5 titles in a row is an absolutely amazing accomplishment worthy of respect at ANY level of football and having watched some of your playoff games during that time, your team is a joy to watch. A throwback of sorts. Play the right way and just get it done.

but one thing I've noticed from reading this board this week is that since that time, many (not all), but many of you, have grown to feel no one is even worthy of being on the same field with you guys at the FCS level.

I get it. you've earned that arrogance. But at the same time, I've watched my team this year way more than anyone on this board has. We will be a worthy adversary for you tomorrow night. We have a damn good team. A national title caliber team. Just as I was shocked we blew out SHSU so easily (not that we scored 65 as much as we held them to zero until garbage time and beat them up so much defensively), I'd also be shocked if this game isn't an absolute nail biter in the 4th quarter. There will be very little separating the two squads tomorrow.

Any neutral football fan out there should be tuning in cause it's going to be a great game to watch.