Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256573747576 LastLast

Thread: JMU at NDSU - Semifinals

Default Re: JMU at NDSU - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The offense was so bad in the first half, the defense was constantly on the field and didn't have time to review the tape or adjust. But don't get me wrong the defense looked clueless and even allowed a 3rd and 25 with the entire secondary standing around like a bunch of buffoons.

As far as our offense goes... I don't think we ever adjusted. I've said it many times... They would crash everyone to the middle at the last second and we just ran into the wall. Never once bounces it outside like we did vs Charleston Southern. Instead of bouncing it outside we would adjust by running predictable jet sweeps that they would see before the play started and not crash the middle. Playaction out of the I or a single back would have been awesome. The TEs should have caught 15 balls. Middle was wide open

I admit not being real smart when it comes to football like most of you. But what I do not understand is why we consistently seem to have the SAME problems with Polasek and he keeps repeating them and then Friday night, it came to really haunt us with the loss to JMU. As head coach, where is Kleiman in all of this. Isn't he ultimately responsible and why is he not speaking to Polasek about this problem. Do the coaches read Bisonville.

If opposing fans read our posts and maybe opposing coaches do and can see us complain about Polacek, then OUR coaches should be doing something about it. What is that Einstein quote, doing the same thing over and over and thinking we will get different results. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1952 View Post
    I admit not being real smart when it comes to football like most of you. But what I do not understand is why we consistently seem to have the SAME problems with Polasek and he keeps repeating them and then Friday night, it came to really haunt us with the loss to JMU. As head coach, where is Kleiman in all of this. Isn't he ultimately responsible and why is he not speaking to Polasek about this problem. Do the coaches read Bisonville.

If opposing fans read our posts and maybe opposing coaches do and can see us complain about Polacek, then OUR coaches should be doing something about it. What is that Einstein quote, doing the same thing over and over and thinking we will get different results. Very frustrating.
    I don't think I'm particularly smart when it comes to football but it was very obvious what they were doing from the stands. I think Polasek is a good coordinator . I really like him. He's won 2 National Championships and helped get us to the semis. The Sdsu game plan was awesome

People are quick to criticize him which isn't always warranted but the James Madison game it was. But the defense and special teams sucked too. Complete team loss

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I want our offense to get back to running the ball and play action. Not sure Stick is the right QB for that or if Polesek is the right OC. They seem to like more read option stuff. Kept waiting for Stick to fake one of those jet sweep plays and either run the other way or throw it but they just kept handing it off and JMU was all over it. What happened to setting up the defense? Just don't see Polesek developing as an OC. I'm of the opinion we won the last 2 natties in spite of Polesek not because of him. I think we had the talent to overcome his poor play design and calling. We no longer have the talent to do that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I want our offense to get back to running the ball and play action. Not sure Stick is the right QB for that or if Polesek is the right OC. They seem to like more read option stuff. Kept waiting for Stick to fake one of those jet sweep plays and either run the other way or throw it but they just kept handing it off and JMU was all over it. What happened to setting up the defense? Just don't see Polesek developing as an OC. I'm of the opinion we won the last 2 natties in spite of Polesek not because of him. I think we had the talent to overcome his poor play design and calling. We no longer have the talent to do that IMO.
    Plus when you can predict what we are going to do and not deviate certainly doesnt hurt.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't disagree, I just think we are better than YSU and they will get rolled. I'd like to see them pull it out though
    We'll see if Bo and his oc can cause a little more trouble for the JMU defense than we did

I think CP needs to talk to CK. Or CK needs to have a sit down with CP.

http://strongfootballcoach.com/offen...sive-run-fits/
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Polesek just ran another jet sweep for a 4 yard loss.....

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Yes, but this time he thought about passing.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    To the weak side or strong side?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    To the weak side or strong side?
    Not sure, but definitely to the short side. That's a must to ensure failure!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.