Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

Ok seriously..let's lock this shit up.. we're on to Cincinnati!

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tojo70 View Post
    Would you have preferred that Klieman bench him?
    I think most here feel Stick should be suspended for the next game because of poor clock management

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Most coaches don't value first half timeouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed! To add to that, I think burning a timeout on 1st and even 2nd down due to playclock running low is ridiculous. To me the timeout is more valuable than a 5-yard penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    What was failed to be mentioned in quoting Dudzik was he said that Stick was going away from Klieman and he's not so sure Stick ever heard Klieman tell him the clock would run.
    Correct - I guess my point was that many people called out the coaches on this and I thought it was worth pointing out Dudzik's comment. Stick screwed up. He knew it, he moved on, he kicked ass. Done.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

This ass whooping was sooooo last week

Who cares we blew the poor bunny turds out, it's JMU week
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I love that they're running Stick more, which I'm sure has been their plan all along to do that more in the playoffis. I certainly understand how during the regular season his carries are limited as you have to keep him healthy. He just looked REALLY fast today.
    I am glad the Bison won, and played perhaps their 2nd best game of the year defensively. (Best was against Iowa). They appear to have gotten into playoff mode with elevated play.

As for Stick running ... its a two-edged sword. The runs have be selective and carefully chosen otherwise we will have an injured QB at some time.

If Stick's running is for the purpose of grinding out and pounding out yards (rather than leaving this to the OL and the RBs), then there is a good chance he is gonna get hurt and if it happens against JMU or in Frisco, then the Bison might be in trouble. If its for getting extra yardage on broken plays, or QB runs that by design give the QB running lanes with low probability of the big hit or being gang-tackled (and Stick is aware enough to slide when necessary instead of taking a big hit), then fine, let him run now and then.

Running QB's rarely get through a season without an injury. And if they get hurt, but still play, it affects more than just the running game, the QBs passes now become less accurate or quick off the hand b/c the QB is playing compromised. So it affects the entire arsenal of offensive weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    I am glad the Bison won, and played perhaps their 2nd best game of the year defensively. (Best was against Iowa). They appear to have gotten into playoff mode with elevated play.

As for Stick running ... its a two-edged sword. The runs have be selective and carefully chosen otherwise we will have an injured QB at some time.

If Stick's running is for the purpose of grinding out and pounding out yards (rather than leaving this to the OL and the RBs), then there is a good chance he is gonna get hurt and if it happens against JMU or in Frisco, then the Bison might be in trouble. If its for getting extra yardage on broken plays, or QB runs that by design give the QB running lanes with low probability of the big hit or being gang-tackled (and Stick is aware enough to slide when necessary instead of taking a big hit), then fine, let him run now and then.

Running QB's rarely get through a season without an injury. And if they get hurt, but still play, it affects more than just the running game, the QBs passes now become less accurate or quick off the hand b/c the QB is playing compromised. So it affects the entire arsenal of offensive weapons.
    If we don't win today theree is no season left. It's time to quit playing it safe and use all of the weapons.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    This ass whooping was sooooo last week

Who cares we blew the poor bunny turds out, it's JMU week
    Exactly. Every morning I come here and this thread keeps popping up rehashing the same stuff.

It's time to move on.