Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Stay class man.

I obviously disagree. Some NDSU player reached into an SDSU players mask but who cares it's football. It's a heated rivalry with a playoff game on the line.

As for the drug testing, I'm wondering the same thing.
    I've seen what u are trying to talk about here.....and it's laughable. Mango tweeted it. Laughable. Sting can go hide be hide someone else.....again. Stay classy.... we appreciated the motivation. That game was laughable. I miss u being up 10 points ans watching Eck's pants fall down he was celebrating so much. Congrats on your trick play Jason. Tighten your belt. Ryan berry's helmet.....right in front of section 20. Dome silent. Backup injured......where is berry's helmet???? Doctors looking at each other.....we won't ever forget. Same area Eck embarrassed himself after his super bowl victory.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I never heard Tre say that Goedert was punching at the ball. Goedert said ask Tre and he will say I was punching at the ball.
    Maybe I miss Tre commenting on it.
    well if are going to go by what the players are saying, this discussion is over. Several recent players have tweeted that SDSU is a dirty team.

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I've seen what u are trying to talk about here.....and it's laughable. Mango tweeted it. Laughable. Sting can go hide be hide someone else.....again. Stay classy.... we appreciated the motivation. That game was laughable. I miss u being up 10 points ans watching Eck's pants fall down he was celebrating so much. Congrats on your trick play Jason. Tighten your belt. Ryan berry's helmet.....right in front of section 20. Dome silent. Backup injured......where is berry's helmet???? Doctors looking at each other.....we won't ever forget. Same area Eck embarrassed himself after his super bowl victory.
    Here's the only thing I'm going to say about this and then I'm done with it--I'm not comparing it to the Goedert play at all but it was also well after the play was over and the SDSU guy was walking back to the defensive huddle. He clearly reaches into the facemask and gives a slight twist on it. Nothing overly major but people do dumb things on the football field. Things get heated. Was it cheap? Yes. Was it dirty? No, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Here's the only thing I'm going to say about this and then I'm done with it--I'm not comparing it to the Goedert play at all but it was also well after the play was over and the SDSU guy was walking back to the defensive huddle. He clearly reaches into the facemask and gives a slight twist on it. Nothing overly major but people do dumb things on the football field. Things get heated. Was it cheap? Yes. Was it dirty? No, not really.
    Is it embarrassing you are trying to compare the two....yes. Embarrassing. You ever think Stig will eventually say anything about ONE of these dirty plays and so NO more?
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    That doesn't prove anything...everybody knew concussions were very dangerous in 2008...and everybody knew a player didn't go back into a game with a concussion. You are hopeless...not surprising.
    You mean everybody like journalists?

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu-...son-slips-away

http://www.yankton.net/sports/articl...9db0e3e34.html

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/multime...3b4693ce6.html

Nope. Journalists of the day wrote about it like an ankle sprain or other common football injury. It was noteworthy that Berry returned, but hardly controversial.

Compare to the firestorm that surrounded Hoke when he put a concussed player back in. Not even comparable.

Stig's decisions that day (although wrong with the benefit of hindsight) were not out of the ordinary for college football at the time (or any level of football for that matter). Sorry the facts don't fit the Bisonville narrative.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    It goes both ways TransamBison. Until you personally meet him and see him in your church every Sunday you can comment on Stig. Now you're just talking without facts. Trust me I have my reservations on certain things, but not Stig. No way I'm talking about him on here so I'll leave it at that.
    Did you have to get a tattoo to join that church?

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Again, not out of the ordinary in 2008.

Here you go geniuses: http://www.ncaa.org/health-and-safet...ssion-timeline

Hindsight is 20/20.
    Actually I was holding patients that were kids out of sports with concussions in 2008 and understood the risk from the research that is why I remember this so clearly.

At least you guys are not the only ones though Indiana state kept playing bell and he literally was walking to the wrong sideline after taking shot after shot one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Actually I was holding patients that were kids out of sports with concussions in 2008 and understood the risk from the research that is why I remember this so clearly.

At least you guys are not the only ones though Indiana state kept playing bell and he literally was walking to the wrong sideline after taking shot after shot one game.
    I remember that...So wrong!

IMO Goegert's first punch was for the ball. The second may have been at the ball, but he didn't care where he was going to hit the player. At that point the punch was a little dirty. If the roles were reversed I think State fans would be very upset. The thing with punches though, with a helmet and pads on, unless the punch is to the side or below the pads it really is a stupid way to try and hurt the other player. It will only hurt the punch thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post

I can't think of any single game where one player was so thoroughly abused by his own coach. Win the game, lose the confidence of the entire program. I have no doubt that played in the issues going forward and the decision to walk away from ISUb.