Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    He's not wrong. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm glad we always win those playoff matchups but that almost annual matchup is beyond ridiculous now and I'm pretty tired of it. I actually would have liked to see what the Wabbits would do in the opposite bracket.

I know everyone is talking about the "punch" but didn't anyone notice when someone from our defense got even a few drives later? It was the play where there were 2 separate penalties. Our's was a defensive hold. Anyways one of our guys either absolutely cut Goedart's legs out or grabbed him and flung him but either way all myself or father-in-law caught was him flying head over heels at the LB level away from the play. He got up pissed and complaining to the refs right away. Everyone in near us were laughing about it. So whether it was on purpose, a missed call, whatever the player police some of that stuff themselves. Goedart got his.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRams View Post
    I know everyone is talking about the "punch" but didn't anyone notice when someone from our defense got even a few drives later? It was the play where there were 2 separate penalties. Our's was a defensive hold. Anyways one of our guys either absolutely cut Goedart's legs out or grabbed him and flung him but either way all myself or father-in-law caught was him flying head over heels at the LB level away from the play. He got up pissed and complaining to the refs right away. Everyone in near us were laughing about it. So whether it was on purpose, a missed call, whatever the player police some of that stuff themselves. Goedart got his.
    Goedert is a hot head who obviously has an NDSU obsession. Look at his twiiter page. Family all went to school at NDSU, so I think he took it a little too personal when he didn't get an offer there.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Goedert is a hot head who obviously has an NDSU obsession. Look at his twiiter page. Family all went to school at NDSU, so I think he took it a little too personal when he didn't get an offer there.
    ^^This. He wore NDSU gear all the time in high school. What's the saying...Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Someone answering a former players tweet about stig called him the Eddie Haskell of coaches.
    Think about it. Dead on
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Someone answering a former players tweet about stig called him the Eddie Haskell of coaches.
    Think about it. Dead on
    Were these former players in their 70s? Otherwise they probably don't get the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Were these former players in their 70s? Otherwise they probably don't get the reference.
    Actually, no. I was impressed
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by GoRams View Post
    A message was sent on the first play.

Goedert went in motion across the formation and Menard lit him up. Just cut him.

I was glad to see our defenders learned not to take him on high. He can't run over tacklers who hit him at knee level. Think Gronkowski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn't hear Stig complain this year that were players that didn't believe they could win in the dome. I do believe they came in confident, maybe overconfident but none of that helped them anyway. Time to move on to the next excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    1. No retaliation by Bison players. This is #1 for me and is a testament to their focus. Props to coaches for teaching them to take the high road and not play down to Stigs crew
    2. Running games explodes again. We needed this. Offense is playing at a high level right now and will be a load to stop. I don't see any defenses left in the field that can handle them for 4 quarters
    3. Hope Kuenert doesn't have any nagging injury and big Zach gets cleared this week. He is a wrecking ball out there.
    4. Cam Peterson was exceptional on kickoffs and drilled 2 tough kicks! Still only a sophomore
    5. DL stayed in their lanes and really put the heat on. So much depth when a backup DE gets 2 sacks in row. Maybe we already know who replaces Brad next year.
    6. Secondary has made a huge improvement, just like last year.
    7. Shep was really getting it done in the second half. Our best WR right now and he is playing at a high level. Hope he continues to heal
    8. As said earlier, you can't have too many heaters! Brrrrrrr

Loved seeing that punch on the relay at home by the clearly frustrated TE that got owned all afternoon, followed by a TKO from the Bison via the scoreboard. Next year will be no different for Jacks with what they lose from an already mediocre defense. Flashy regular season numbers that their fans are all too happy to share, followed by another playoff loss. I wouldn't be surprised if Neilson starts taking the recruiting remnants that the Jacks used to get.
    They have a good QB, TE, and WR, but you need more than that to beat the Bison