Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

1. No retaliation by Bison players. This is #1 for me and is a testament to their focus. Props to coaches for teaching them to take the high road and not play down to Stigs crew
    2. Running games explodes again. We needed this. Offense is playing at a high level right now and will be a load to stop. I don't see any defenses left in the field that can handle them for 4 quarters
    3. Hope Kuenert doesn't have any nagging injury and big Zach gets cleared this week. He is a wrecking ball out there.
    4. Cam Peterson was exceptional on kickoffs and drilled 2 tough kicks! Still only a sophomore
    5. DL stayed in their lanes and really put the heat on. So much depth when a backup DE gets 2 sacks in row. Maybe we already know who replaces Brad next year.
    6. Secondary has made a huge improvement, just like last year.
    7. Shep was really getting it done in the second half. Our best WR right now and he is playing at a high level. Hope he continues to heal
    8. As said earlier, you can't have too many heaters! Brrrrrrr

Loved seeing that punch on the relay at home by the clearly frustrated TE that got owned all afternoon, followed by a TKO from the Bison via the scoreboard. Next year will be no different for Jacks with what they lose from an already mediocre defense. Flashy regular season numbers that their fans are all too happy to share, followed by another playoff loss. I wouldn't be surprised if Neilson starts taking the recruiting remnants that the Jacks used to get.

Anyone mention how the Jack QB has a bigger leg than our punter? That punt he had at the beginning of the 4th qtr was a good 50 yards.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Dimitri Williams blocking on the outside was "player of the game" worthy.

533 In a row

Kiss of death lives. Remember Jay Walker prediction. Thank you again for not picking us.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Anyone mention how the Jack QB has a bigger leg than our punter? That punt he had at the beginning of the 4th qtr was a good 50 yards.
    lol holy shit, we all thought "wtf are they doing" when Christion stayed out there, then booms one...that was kind of gangsta. I wonder what the backstory is there? One day theyre having a punting contest and christion outkicks their schollied punter by 10 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Dimitri Williams blocking on the outside was "player of the game" worthy.
    Agreed. He has sprung so many long plays this year. Kid is so valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    lol holy shit, we all thought "wtf are they doing" when Christion stayed out there, then booms one...that was kind of gangsta. I wonder what the backstory is there? One day theyre having a punting contest and christion outkicks their schollied punter by 10 yards?
    Their punter had a slight limp after their last punt. Hamstring maybe? During halftime he(the punter) came out and punted one time during warm ups for 30-35 yards and he started shaking his head and walked off the field. Christion took a couple kicks during halftime and they were that 45-50 yard range. We noticed he dropped/mishandled 3 snaps out of 4 kicks during warmups.
    "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I think it shows what kind of athlete is...NDSU didn't recruit him at QB, but at ATH...He's talented.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Had the opportunity to take my talents to the lower rows of section 20 yesterday. Had an absolute blast! After the holding penalty against #23 that put the Bison down to the 2 yard line, we got him to flip us off when he came to the sidelines. Coaches gave him an earful. After Goeddert's (sp?) punch, we got a reaction out of him as well that had coaches in his ear. Their OL coach didn't stand a chance. Not sure if true but someone around me said that Christon was a really good punter in high school. It showed. Overall it was an amazing game, only made better by watching the life get sucked out of SDSU's bench from such a close proximity. Hope the team brings the same intensity and nastiness to the JMU game. I want another no doubter.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Most satisfying win at the Dome in a while. Really impressive play calling on both sides of the ball. You can tell Polasek took the regular season loss personally, and he called a gem today.