Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro Videos Banned from Playoff Games

Default Re: Intro Videos Banned from Playoff Games

What about that damn cannon that SHSU fired off in frisco? It scared me!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Well since NDSU doesn't make crap off the playoff tickets and since the NCAA is decreasing my entertainment how about NDSU just charge 30 dollars a ticket instead of 40. Might as well let it cost the NCAA a few hundred thousand per game in the dome. Heck they should be adding things of entertainment value instead of taking it away, have they even looked at the attendance numbers of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    What about that damn cannon that SHSU fired off in frisco? It scared me!
    That wasn't a cannon. It was Brian Bells body crashing into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Well since NDSU doesn't make crap off the playoff tickets and since the NCAA is decreasing my entertainment how about NDSU just charge 30 dollars a ticket instead of 40. Might as well let it cost the NCAA a few hundred thousand per game in the dome. Heck they should be adding things of entertainment value instead of taking it away, have they even looked at the attendance numbers of the playoffs.
    This. NCAA takes like 80%

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think the best thing to do is NDSU stand up to this nonsense and do it anyway and say what are you going to do to your arguably #1 moneymaker in FCS? At least over the last 5-6 years that has been the case. Can you see the NCAA trying to enforce this in any manner that would not be a egg on their face?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    jazz flute is still ok though, right?
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I think the best thing to do is NDSU stand up to this nonsense and do it anyway and say what are you going to do to your arguably #1 moneymaker in FCS? At least over the last 5-6 years that has been the case. Can you see the NCAA trying to enforce this in any manner that would not be a egg on their face?
    Tweet espn and tell them their atmosphere on saturday will sufffer
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

If I recall correctly, this was a big topic of discussion during our first playoff run. Home teams were to provide a "neutral" atmosphere and for at least a game or two we had no cannon fires after TDs, no "move those chains" first down calls, etc. Then we said F it and did all that stuff the following week cause no other home teams followed the rules. Not sure if this no intro video is something new or just a restatement of the existing rules.

Its trivial...but one of the stupidest things NCAA has done if this is new. Has no impact on the outcome, just taking away pleasure and enjoyment from fans...particularly kids.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

This is the same shit other teams try and do all the time...Mess with our video, come out during our entrance, talk shit in the media about it being quiet in the dome...

Keeping hitting the hornet's nest...Things are going to be loud AF Saturday.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Get after EWU and that red field... There has to be some rule against something that hideous.