Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd #3 Ndsu - SDSu 11:AM Sat.

Default Re: Rd #3 Ndsu - SDSu 11:AM Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Where the hell is the heavy metal Elmer Fudd video Kill Da Wabbit? Time is slipping by and it hasn't been posted yet.

This works.... Go Bison!!!!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

so amped for this game!

the noise down here in south dakota from the bunny fans needs to come to an end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fk6943GcI

yet another take on bunny destruction...

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw the Jacks game yesterday.

Although the Jacks were battling the weather the entire game few things to me became very evident.

1) Immediately after the ball is snapped, Jacks QB 1st option was the big pass catching TE Godert. It is very difficult to bring TE Godert down on a 1-1 match up even under those wet and slippery conditions when the wind was around 20mph he was catching passes and showing defenders to the ground and runing over them.
    2) If Godert was not open then the Jacks QB was looking for Wineke. Wineke was not targeted as much as Goedert but I think both Godert and Wineke will be targeted this Saturday when they play us.
    3) If either Godert or Wineke were not open then the QB tucked the ball and ran. Jacks QB had a hard time running yesterday he slipped and fell couple of times again this was because of the weather.

In a sense I see them playing like the Hawkeyes, where the Hawks mainly used their TE George Kittle and WR Vandenberg. I am not worried about our Defense I am worried about or Offense and their ability to convert on 3rd and short. Even during the playoffs against a non-scholarship team riddled with Physicis and Biology majors we had a hard time converting on 3rd and short. Our play calling looked very Vanilla and the opposing teams easily shut us down during these situations if we dont improve in this area this game could be over before the 1st half. Of course we had a comfortable lead until the King Frazier fumble during the 2nd half but what fans dont realize is that Stig decided to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking a FG. If they had kicked a FG this game could have been lot closer and Jacks could have won easily by a big margin during during the 2nd half.

We need to double team the TE Godert and keep an eye on the QB run.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post

Although the Jacks were battling the weather the entire game few things to me became very evident.

1) Immediately after the ball is snapped, Jacks QB 1st option was the big pass catching TE Godert. It is very difficult to bring TE Godert down on a 1-1 match up even under those wet and slippery conditions when the wind was around 20mph he was catching passes and showing defenders to the ground and runing over them.
    2) If Godert was not open then the Jacks QB was looking for Wineke. Wineke was not targeted as much as Goedert but I think both Godert and Wineke will be targeted this Saturday when they play us.
    3) If either Godert or Wineke were not open then the QB tucked the ball and ran. Jacks QB had a hard time running yesterday he slipped and fell couple of times again this was because of the weather.

In a sense I see them playing like the Hawkeyes, where the Hawks mainly used their TE George Kittle and WR Vandenberg. I am not worried about our Defense I am worried about or Offense and their ability to convert on 3rd and short. Even during the playoffs against a non-scholarship team riddled with Physicis and Biology majors we had a hard time converting on 3rd and short. Our play calling looked very Vanilla and the opposing teams easily shut us down during these situations if we dont improve in this area this game could be over before the 1st half. Of course we had a comfortable lead until the King Frazier fumble during the 2nd half but what fans dont realize is that Stig decided to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking a FG. If they had kicked a FG this game could have been lot closer and Jacks could have won easily by a big margin during during the 2nd half.

So you are saying we need to watch out for Dallas Goedert and Jake Wieneke? Who would have thought. Thanks for the great insight into the Jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    So you are saying we need to watch out for Dallas Goedert and Jake Wieneke? Who would have thought. Thanks for the great insight into the Jacks.
    He's not wrong. Of course, everybody needs to watch out for those two but I think we got it in our head a little too much to overpursue on the QB in an effort to help out a perceived weak secondary, that allowed TC to get loose.

Doubling Goedert and spying Christian aren't bad plans.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He's not wrong. Of course, everybody needs to watch out for those two but I think we got it in our head a little too much to overpursue on the QB in an effort to help out a perceived weak secondary, that allowed TC to get loose.

Doubling Goedert and spying Christian aren't bad plans.
    Noticed very disciplined ends last saterday.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post

First. Und had 8, 9, 10 and on several occasions 11 guys in the box. We beat them in the perimeter game, passing game and between the tackles. Whenever we needed a score we manipulated their D.

Despite overloading the los, i counted 3 plays where the o line did not get a push. 3!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Noticed very disciplined ends last saterday.
    Me too. Like I said, I think there was a big adjustment period on the defense. Lots of different wrinkles that didn't seem to work but now there is discipline, execution and focus. You can see the Bison football coming to the top.

I think SDSU caught us at the perfect time. Paul Morlock's funeral was 2 days before the game and when you're a family, you all take it hard. That was a shitty week. None of these kids or coaches will make excuses but reality is reality.

This is a completely different team than played back in October. CAS can doom and gloom all he wants but I can just feel like this is going to be a good game for the Yellow and Green.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯