Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd #3 Ndsu - SDSu 11:AM Sat.

Default Re: Rd #3 Ndsu - SDSu 11:AM Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I have had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ever since Saturday about this game.
    That would be the chili you ate at the Loafer's gate.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Just watched the NOVA game...WOW, did they shoot themselves in the foot! NOVA threw allover SDSU too bad Shep is hurt.

Bison made bad beats on SportsCenter for scoring on San Diego so late in the game. Announcer says "Bison are one of those teams everyone loves and you never hear anything bad about the Bison."

"Take a knee"

Eastern Washington made it for scoring with seconds left.

UNH and JMU made it too with the UNH coach telling JMU coach to "go f--- himself!"

I think what is lost in this season is the Bison's ability to control the time of possession. Grant it we scored some quick touchdowns on USD but they still won the TOP by a significant amount. What is missing this season is the Bison's ability to get early 3 and out's. We just are not getting them. We need to get these from this point moving forward. We are taxing our Defense way more than we should. We can still get these quick scores and we will take that but we cant let teams take long drives down the field wearing down our defense. With all that being said I have this gut feeling this week that the Bison play an extraordinary defensive game this week. I know most people are totally expecting a close game but I think our Defense is finally dialed in this week as we have been keeping everything pretty vanilla so far and we bust out the whole playbook on Defense and ultimately we win pretty comfortably. This team always steps up in the playoffs and we are going to see the best defensive effort of the year this Saturday. The Offense keeps rolling and the Bison win 34-13 in an impressive win. Bison Nation needs to do our part and bring it Georgia Southern style!

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I think what is lost in this season is the Bison's ability to control the time of possession. Grant it we scored some quick touchdowns on USD but they still won the TOP by a significant amount. What is missing this season is the Bison's ability to get early 3 and out's. We just are not getting them. We need to get these from this point moving forward. We are taxing our Defense way more than we should. We can still get these quick scores and we will take that but we cant let teams take long drives down the field wearing down our defense. With all that being said I have this gut feeling this week that the Bison play an extraordinary defensive game this week. I know most people are totally expecting a close game but I think our Defense is finally dialed in this week as we have been keeping everything pretty vanilla so far and we bust out the whole playbook on Defense and ultimately we win pretty comfortably. This team always steps up in the playoffs and we are going to see the best defensive effort of the year this Saturday. The Offense keeps rolling and the Bison win 34-13 in an impressive win. Bison Nation needs to do our part and bring it Georgia Southern style!

Bring it, Georgia Southern Style! I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Bison made bad beats on SportsCenter for scoring on San Diego so late in the game. Announcer says "Bison are one of those teams everyone loves and you never hear anything bad about the Bison."

"Take a knee"

Eastern Washington made it for scoring with seconds left.

UNH and JMU made it too with the UNH coach telling JMU coach to "go f--- himself!"
    Woah woah woah...what? This happened? Someone HAS to have a clip of this.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I have had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ever since Saturday about this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Bad jaeger?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    For some strange reason, I'm not liking the direction this conversation is heading.

Bisonville's favorite Jackrabbit......
    LB Rozeboom 2nd in Jerry Rice Award voting

South Dakota State University linebacker Christian Rozeboom finished as runner-up in the voting for the 2016 STATS FCS Jerry Rice Award, which is presented to the top freshman in the Football Championship Subdivision.

A redshirt freshman from Sioux Center, Iowa, Rozeboom completed the 11-game regular season schedule with a team-best 107 total tackles, including five tackles for loss and three sacks. The Missouri Valley Football Conference Freshman of the Year and a first-team all-conference selection, Rozeboom registered double figures in tackles in five games, while adding two interceptions, two pass breakups and two forced fumbles.
    http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/12/...rd-voting.aspx

But seriously, Jackrabbits are strong up the middle, in addition to Rozeboom at the Mike. DT Kellen Soulek (6' 5" 310 junior) was 2nd team All-Conference and DT Cole Langer (6' 2" 310 senior) was honorable mention.

On the injury front, sounds like SDSU did lose DT rotation guy Shane Gottlob (6' 5" 280) for the season since the NDSU game.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-06-2016 at 02:07 PM.

This should be another fantastic game. Only thing that sucks is that they put us against each other in the round of 8.

Will be interesting to see if Jacks can finally take the next step or if the Bison do what they do best. If the Jacks are aggressive like the last game I like their chances. If they are conservative like they were against Villanova then the Bison will prevail.

Turnovers and special teams always play a big part!

Good luck!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Bison!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Woah woah woah...what? This happened? Someone HAS to have a clip of this.
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18216143

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.