Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: San Diego Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Pioneer League or not USD was a solid team. I was impressed by their line (who I thought would get blown out) and their running back.
    2) MJ Stumpf is a stud.
    3) Play calling still an issue. Once it got worked out I felt Easton had a great game.
    4) Nice to see Bruce back out there scoring touchdowns.
    5) Wheel route to Morlock should become the new middle screen. Ie. we should run it until the well goes dry.
    6) It's hard for me to do my weekly call for more TE involvement when they're dropping TD's so instead I'll say get Legendowski the ball more. It seems like every time we need a 2 minute drive that young man steps up for multiple big plays.
    7) Little brother is coming back to town. I expect a game a lot like the last. I expect Stig to go for it on 4th down's. I expect a lot of QB scrambles and having to hold my breath every time the ball is thrown down field. With that being said I also expect SDSU will come in over confident and get smacked in the mouth.

Let's do this.
    There is absolutely no way they'll be overconfident. Tough game today. And they know that even though they dominated during the regular season game and should have scored more, it's never easy in Fargo.

Only a few of us at the top of section 18 even tried to make noise when the Bison were on defense and it looked like quarterback could still clap his hands to ask for the snap when he was in the shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Section 8 and 9 from the middle down were a couple of snooze fests. The crowds sat down on the first defensive series and didnt stand up once and the cheering was minimal from the start. I am starting to believe the Bison fatigue comments. Hopefully playing the bunnies gives people a reason to get into the game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    CAS take a deep breath before continuing the doom and gloom. Winning by three the rabbits didn't exactly roll today. I didn't want to play SDSU, but from the post game interviews the players wanted another shot and they got their wish. If they beat us again we certainly don't deserve to advance.

It wasn't a perfect win, but NDSU showed some flashes and at least didn't go into a shell with the lead. A 38 point win isn't that bad. USD had some very good skill players on offense that certainly could play in the Valley.

Last, why didn't Shepherd play?.
    Im worried about their O. They have so many threats on offense and hope our O doesnt get stagnant. Was good to see us put the game away today though

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    4 of 9 on third down. That could have looked better. 299 yards rushing seems like there were some pretty good play calls considering USD completely sold out to stop the inside run. The Bison were up 21-0 at halftime and the moment USD did score, NDSU answered and answered again and again. I would have liked to see the Bison offense hold the ball a bit more, but what can you do when you start running off big runs.

I have no problem with the way this game was played. USD was clearly outmatched. They had some good players but it would have taken a miracle for them to stay in a game NDSU was able to win easily. Let's not make it into something more than it was. It was a typical game of a powerhouse conference school against a pioneer league school. Cal Poly should have taken care of business.
    The 300 yards rushing was inflated by Bruce's empty net goal and Easton's long run when the game was in hand. But it's really impressive since USD totally sold out vs the run. At times it was a 9 man box

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kbison View Post
    Hey I'm in section 8 and was up every down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then you know what I am talking about. First 5 rows standing next 21 sitting. I cant tell them how to enjoy the game but look up every once in a while.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The throws that Easton missed today and the drops by the receivers will have to be completions this week.

USD sold out on the run and we were able to exploit that at times...but realistically wth the Illies drop and the miss down the seem to Jensen, we should have hung another 14 on them.

SDSU sold out on the run during game 1 against us (they had to) and we couldn't do anything through the air. If we can't utilize all OUR offensive weapons then we'll be in trouble. What i saw today is encouraging tho - i saw that there are play calls that put Easton and the receiving corp in excellent positions to make plays, and they were being called at the right time. they were near misses, so it's not like it's a long shot to convert them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    1 time all year have we given up more than 21 points.

Scoring defense is very good. Up to #4 in that category: 16.3/game

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm concerned about our dline. They got little pressure today and have under achieved most of the year. Menard and Ambrosious need a big game against the Jack.

Entz stays in base-Tampa 2 for most of the game. There were a few blitzes I saw.

Need to stop TC from running all over the field like in the first game. He ran for 140 in the first game.

I enjoyed listening to USD coach on the post game press conference. Had a lot of good things to say about the Bison program. He made no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Good points, and no, 4 of 9 third down conversion isn't good. There is always something that will need work and improvement, but 299 yards rushing, 9.6 ypc and 507 yards total offense isn't all that bad. I realize the level of competition, but they were gashed by the running game.
    4 of 9 is 44% on 3rd down. In 2011 we averaged 43% for the entire year. So if we were 5 of 9, would 3rd down conversions not be an issue? And we did throw that 3rd and 3 slant to Freeman that I guess the play caller haters forgot about.