Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: San Diego Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by KCTorero View Post
    Good game guys. The best team clearly won. You guys controlled the game.

Even though my Toreros got destroyed in the scoreboard I think they showed up and competed. I'd like to think they gained some respect today.

Best of luck on your quest to win #6.
    Yeah, score doesn't reflect the way the game went... USD was definitely playoff-worthy. NDSU looked a lot more dominant last year against Jacksonville State.

Quote Originally Posted by KCTorero View Post
    Good game guys. The best team clearly won. You guys controlled the game.

Even though my Toreros got destroyed in the scoreboard I think they showed up and competed. I'd like to think they gained some respect today.

Best of luck on your quest to win #6.
    For a non Schollie...they played good. Better than some would be cupcakes on the schedule. They'd be down 14-0 to#1 at half if it wasn't for a pick 6

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I guess I could quote groundhog day for a week!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Shepard has a hamstring injury.

Look at our 3rd down conversion on O against a team we should have dominated at LOS. Oline play is huge, and we aren't playing well in that scenario. And quit running the dumb ass lateral plays when down hill is way better option.

And up 21-7 into half and lay an egg on O out of the shoot is pathetic. D was on the field way to much in first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good points, and no, 4 of 9 third down conversion isn't good. There is always something that will need work and improvement, but 299 yards rushing, 9.6 ypc and 507 yards total offense isn't all that bad. I realize the level of competition, but they were gashed by the running game.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    3rd and short, 3rd-3, I will bet it will be a running play, the ball goes to Lance Dunn and Lance gets stuffed or dropped for a loss. You can go back and watch the replay if you dont believe what I am saying.

You nailed it, I guessed on almost every 3rd & short, 2 or 3 yards guess what we are going to do??? The only TD drive from USD goes to OC of the Bison, getting stuffed, and not keep our offense on the field, I thought here we go again trying not to lose, and playing not to win with a 2 TD lead..... man he make me so mad. a simple play action roll out or bootleg Stick could have 2 options and we would move the chains but NNOOOOO we are going to take 9 in the box and go straight ahead!! So damn tired of not using your head and a little trickery...

With that being said OC did make a couple of good Morlack play action full house calls then pass down the field which is now our new RB Screen play and seems to be working everytime we do it with full house backfield with defensive confusion on who to cover! So I do give credit for that use of play to OC.

Bison came ready to play and played very well, and the USD team is better then the score indicated for sure. They have some good players....

Frisco Fargo south, the march in on, time to stampede the bunnies in OUR HOUSE!!!! Oh maybe rip some ankles off their QB like they did to Bruce....? Return a little cheap favor!!

NoDakBisman.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Section 8 and 9 from the middle down were a couple of snooze fests. The crowds sat down on the first defensive series and didnt stand up once and the cheering was minimal from the start. I am starting to believe the Bison fatigue comments. Hopefully playing the bunnies gives people a reason to get into the game.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Shepard has a hamstring injury.

Look at our 3rd down conversion on O against a team we should have dominated at LOS. Oline play is huge, and we aren't playing well in that scenario. And quit running the dumb ass lateral plays when down hill is way better option.

And up 21-7 into half and lay an egg on O out of the shoot is pathetic. D was on the field way to much in first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 of 9 on third down. That could have looked better. 299 yards rushing seems like there were some pretty good play calls considering USD completely sold out to stop the inside run. The Bison were up 21-0 at halftime and the moment USD did score, NDSU answered and answered again and again. I would have liked to see the Bison offense hold the ball a bit more, but what can you do when you start running off big runs.

I have no problem with the way this game was played. USD was clearly outmatched. They had some good players but it would have taken a miracle for them to stay in a game NDSU was able to win easily. Let's not make it into something more than it was. It was a typical game of a powerhouse conference school against a pioneer league school. Cal Poly should have taken care of business.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

24 second half points...I'll gladly take that

I was impressed with usd their running back is the real deal. They never gave up and never got chippy they came in and gave their best shot and didn't give up. Love a team that is coached that way it allows them to beat a cal poly team on occasion.

Sent from my tablet on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'm prepared to jack myself every time I post this next week if it helps us win!
    I'm sure it'll be a big help