Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego Post Game Thoughts

Default San Diego Post Game Thoughts

1) Pioneer League or not USD was a solid team. I was impressed by their line (who I thought would get blown out) and their running back.
    2) MJ Stumpf is a stud.
    3) Play calling still an issue. Once it got worked out I felt Easton had a great game.
    4) Nice to see Bruce back out there scoring touchdowns.
    5) Wheel route to Morlock should become the new middle screen. Ie. we should run it until the well goes dry.
    6) It's hard for me to do my weekly call for more TE involvement when they're dropping TD's so instead I'll say get Legendowski the ball more. It seems like every time we need a 2 minute drive that young man steps up for multiple big plays.
    7) Little brother is coming back to town. I expect a game a lot like the last. I expect Stig to go for it on 4th down's. I expect a lot of QB scrambles and having to hold my breath every time the ball is thrown down field. With that being said I also expect SDSU will come in over confident and get smacked in the mouth.

Let's do this.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: San Diego Post Game Thoughts

3rd and short, 3rd-3, I will bet it will be a running play, the ball goes to Lance Dunn and Lance gets stuffed or dropped for a loss. You can go back and watch the replay if you dont believe what I am saying.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Yeah, kind of a weird game... closer than the score indicated, but, then again, they were putting 10 men in the box on D so it was like every fifth play for NDSU was a huge gainer. They didn't let NDSU do what NDSU wanted to do on offense, but in doing so, they opened themselves up for big plays.

Also, that 2-minute drill was awesome.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

our lack of push on up front was concerning, but i realize that was because we had to get off double teams almost instantly because usd was so aggressive down hill.

it showed in our passing game that they were selling out on the run.

overall - we continued to play until the final whistle, which was encouraging.

i hope Polasek puts us in better situations based on the defense next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'm prepared to jack attack myself every time I post this next week if it helps us win!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'm prepared to jack attack myself every time I post this next week if it helps us win!
    NO photos, please.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hearing from a source that next week will be the early game Saturday (so 11am ESPN2)

Good game guys. The best team clearly won. You guys controlled the game.

Even though my Toreros got destroyed in the scoreboard I think they showed up and competed. I'd like to think they gained some respect today.

Best of luck on your quest to win #6.

Quote Originally Posted by KCTorero View Post

Even though my Toreros got destroyed in the scoreboard I think they showed up and competed. I'd like to think they gained some respect today.

USD is a good team. Overmatched today but impressed with them, especially your RB. Asked a few USD freshman in street clothes before the game if they were stayomg warm in Fargo. They smiled amd shook their heads no. Ha! Great game. Now lets take down the bunnies!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by KCTorero View Post

Agree. You should be proud of your team.