Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Playoff Trailer

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New Playoff Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just a Ben Newman speech to the team.

I'm sure he helps but he bugs me for some reason.

I enjoyed it. "Attack the Process" is important in athletics, especially in regards to all aspects of a football season. Same thing goes for "Stay Humble, Stay Hungry." If a team as whole lives up to these words, complacency won't settle in.

As fans, the phrases are probably nothing more than fancy words. To the team, it's part of the culture to remain successful.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Video reminds me how awesome the home playoff run has been and not to overlook any future ones.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about the old turf we had on the first couple playoff runs. Seems like ages ago now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just a Ben Newman speech to the team.

I'm sure he helps but he bugs me for some reason.
    So I rewatched it and tried to pinpoint what it is that bugs me. He emphasizes almost every word...which to me loses the effect.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So I rewatched it and tried to pinpoint what it is that bugs me. He emphasizes almost every word...which to me loses the effect.
    It honestly would be better with no voice over at all. Just show the highlights, fire up the rousing music and let er go. (aka, use the RTO "date night" methodology).
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

I have heard Ben speak in person. He is a motivational speaker therefore he emphasis on words more than a regular speaker. He has a good message and I think it is used to provide inspiration to the team but also trying to keep them humble of past accomplishments. With is voice over on the video or if there was nothing but rousing music, either way the hair stands up on the back of my neck. It is playoff football in the Fargodome and the Bison are ready. ARE US FANS READY???? Lets do this. Go Bison, The March is On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    It honestly would be better with no voice over at all. Just show the highlights, fire up the rousing music and let er go. (aka, use the RTO "date night" methodology).
    Don't be fooled...RTO has motivational tapes that he listens to prior to date night as in:

YOU can DO THIS! YOU ARE good ENOUGH. YOU ARE smart ENOUGH! AND gosh DARN it, PEOPLE like YOU! Your WIFE might DREAM about OTHER MEN, but SHE is STUCK with YOU! JUST keep TRYING! SHE will EVENTUALLY be HALF asleep AND ACCIDENTALLY say YES!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Don't be fooled...RTO has motivational tapes that he listens to prior to date night as in:

YOU can DO THIS! YOU ARE good ENOUGH. YOU ARE smart ENOUGH! AND gosh DARN it, PEOPLE like YOU! Your WIFE might DREAM about OTHER MEN, but SHE is STUCK with YOU! JUST keep TRYING! SHE will EVENTUALLY be HALF asleep AND ACCIDENTALLY say YES!
    Listen, you 2 jackwads. I share my secrets with you, and this is how you repay me? By broadcasting it all over THE VILLE?

For the record, "rousing music" and "motivational tapes" are code for "hookers and blow." A guy has to have standards.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Have you considered a career as a motivational speaker analyst?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk