Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/29 @ #7 Xavier

Default Re: 11/29 @ #7 Xavier

These are just my humble thoughts;

Looks to me like Richman really needs to crack down on some of the roles that these players have.
    - Dupree is really the only player that looks to know his role. He's a great slasher with the ball and he gets to the basket when he wants.
    - Khy is a distributing PG and should not be going 2-8. He's probably shooting that much because AJ isn't and Miller is more inconsistent with his aggressiveness than any one talented kid I think we've ever had. Khy's season assist to TO ratio is just brutal at 2.9 to 3.0. Last year he was 3.0 to 1.5.
    - Miller needs to start acting like a scorer, like every game. He's like Andrew Wiggins in deciding when he wants to play hard or not. He needs to be shooting and creating early and often every game. When he becomes a standalone jump shooter he doesn't seem to hit. He comes out passive in his movement and shot and it's a long shooting night for him.
    - I really like Ward and Deng's games.
    - I'm really not sure what Richman is planning on doing with the inside game. I'm not sure if he's ignoring it because we don't have the ability and talent to be strong through inside or if he just doesn't want to play that way. Dex is good and if the spacing is there he is real effective but when perimeter doesn't hit shots and defense slacks it's way too congested for him.

I'm not sure how I feel about the attitude of the team n the way it plays. They remind me alot of Braun and company when they were jr's in some of these bad losses but this team doesn't have the overall balance inside and out that that team had.

AJ needs to be on the bench so he realizes what his role is. His role isn't to stand around and pass the ball, it's to take shots when they there and to drive when it's there. He doesn't look to do that. It's like he's afraid of showing up the team or something. Doesn't nearly play up to his ability.

Does it seem like AJ and Miller don't do a good job of co-existing? They should be feeding off each other there isn't anyone in the Summit that can match up with them. I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Wrong...AJ needs to be on the bench...period! He has no heart or aggressiveness on either end of the floor. At least Miller plays defense. AJ is totally lost now and does not have a frickin clue on either end of the floor! Have Geu take his minutes and put AJ in as a situational 3 pt shooter as that is all it seams he is capable of right now.
    Miller on the Bench and AJ gets a steal and then stops their 6'10 big from scoring. You think Paul Miller shows aggression the dude would not make cuts or anything if didn't have the ball on offense would just stay there. AJ is forced to play out of position, Miller plays his position.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    AJ needs to be on the bench so he realizes what his role is. His role isn't to stand around and pass the ball, it's to take shots when they there and to drive when it's there. He doesn't look to do that. It's like he's afraid of showing up the team or something. Doesn't nearly play up to his ability.
    I agree. AJ is a good shooter but for whatever reason he just doesn't pull the trigger enough. Coach and teammates need to tell him to just shoot it more.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Does it seem like AJ and Miller don't do a good job of co-existing? They should be feeding off each other there isn't anyone in the Summit that can match up with them. I guess we will see.
    I may be completely wrong on this but to me Paul Miller just comes off like a selfish player. AJ seems the complete opposite and almost to a fault way to passive. Both need to get their shit together or this team isn't going anywhere.

Miller does seem selfish. IMHO he can be really good though when he's on, and there aren't a lot of small majors that has ability like he does. He's a unique case that you just really hope that he gets it, because with his talent and what he shows at times NDSU is really good. I think you take him out of the picture or limit him you have a team with a significantly lower ceiling. I kind of trust in RIchman that we aren't seeing something with Miller or it's nothing more than a perception thing and not an issue. I trust if it was an issue RIchman wouldn't play him.

You sure got that right about Miller and AJ being yin and yang.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Miller on the Bench and AJ gets a steal and then stops their 6'10 big from scoring. You think Paul Miller shows aggression the dude would not make cuts or anything if didn't have the ball on offense would just stay there. AJ is forced to play out of position, Miller plays his position.

Are you f'n kidding me! You take the only thing AJ did right all night and justify his existence. You are f'n hilarious. Anyone with a half a brain knows AJ is holding this team down right now! He has proven he can help this team and I still think he can but he is just way out of wack right now. I'm hoping coach can get this kid right!

I still think our best starting 5 would be:

1. Khy
    2. Paul
    3. AJ
    4. Deng
    5. Dex

That's not a knock on Carlin at all, I just really like the spark he can provide off the bench and over the course of the game would still get starter minutes.

At the end of the day, AJ can't score 3 points over 2 games. That's not going to be a winning formula...he has to step his game up. Is thumb bothering him more then we know??? I have no idea.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Are you f'n kidding me! You take the only thing AJ did right all night and justify his existence. You are f'n hilarious. Anyone with a half a brain knows AJ is holding this team down right now! He has proven he can help this team and I still think he can but he is just way out of wack right now. I'm hoping coach can get this kid right!
    Ok I obviously don't know what I'm talking about at all. Like I stated AJ is not a 4 he's a 2/3 and playing way out of position. Never once said AJ played good, do you think Miller played good? After his debacle at end of last season and seeing his body language this season he's hurting the team, shits contagious.

Yes Paul is a great player but as of now he's got his head too far up his ass.

"We All From Africa"

Did NDSU mount a comeback? i switched it off at 44-22