Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NDSU Giving Day

Default Re: NDSU Giving Day

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    It doesn't sound like to me like they wanted to GIVE the university money. Giving means they get nothing in return. To me it sounds like they were trying to buy advertising or sponsorship to further themselves. That is greatly different than giving that is buying. There are many things that can be in play when it comes to exclusivity in other contracts or just companies they want to align with or a bunch of other possibilities.
    Completely agree, and I'd add that whoever he is referencing is an all about me and I want attention person/entity because he/it/they are, you know, "special" or "better than others". In fact, that may very well be why NDSU "couldn't" find an in this year. He/them should take his/their arrogance North, as in downstream of the toilet flushing in Fargo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    He/them should take his/their arrogance North, as in downstream of the toilet flushing in Fargo.
    Hillsboro?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

We don't get our water from the Red, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

I just flushed twice in Fargo btw. A little dilution bone for you cuz, you know, I like you and stuff!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Completely agree, and I'd add that whoever he is referencing is an all about me and I want attention person/entity because he/it/they are, you know, "special" or "better than others". In fact, that may very well be why NDSU "couldn't" find an in this year. He/them should take his/their arrogance North, as in downstream of the toilet flushing in Fargo.

Actually national corporate account with marketing budget. Wanted to spend at ndsu. Couldn't get it done. Moved on. Ndsu didn't have to work to get cash.

Oh well

Default NDSU Giving Day

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Actually national corporate account with marketing budget. Wanted to spend at ndsu. Couldn't get it done. Moved on. Ndsu didn't have to work to get cash.

Oh well
    Whatever--way more to this story, clearly and obviously! Unless contrived. I'll probably go with the latter.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Oh well
    So, advertising. That isn't giving.

Actually, that explains your "arrogance" issues. If you are trying to spend a marketing budget, you don't target the charitable giving folks. Surprised your "national corporate account" people don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post

Actually, that explains your "arrogance" issues. If you are trying to spend a marketing budget, you don't target the charitable giving folks. Surprised your "national corporate account" people don't understand that.
    Not to mention they are spending this year's marketing budget on a next year event. LMAO I smell a rat. Assuming that this company's fiscal year is like most, the money would have been available early '16. Were they "late to the game" in approaching NDSU, or is it what I think--a big pile of shit-talk.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post

Cry me a river. How often do you see on this board, give to Teammakers, its tax deductible it's no difference than a company that "buys" advertising.

And again, with the tax deduction concept, if done in a tax advantageous manner, you can make a "gift" to NDSU, teammakers, your church, your favorite rehab center and have it cost you next to nothing.

Not to mention they are spending this year's marketing budget on a next year event. LMAO I smell a rat. Assuming that this company's fiscal year is like most, the money would have been available early '16. Were they "late to the game" in approaching NDSU, or is it what I think--a big pile of shit-talk.

So CAS, let me ask you a question. You are a busy guy, finite amount of time. Potential client comes in offers you $5k retainer. Easy deal. Rep a DUI case, eviction. I don't care. Do you make time to get the project done or you let them walk?

Same deal here. Rep has money to spend today. Ultimately didn't. Didn't want tickets. So in the interim, he has reserved a package available at college world series.

Finite dollars, spent with the program that will take the money.

Default NDSU Giving Day

So CAS, let me ask you a question. You are a busy guy, finite amount of time. Potential client comes in offers you $5k retainer. Easy deal. Rep a DUI case, eviction. I don't care. Do you make time to get the project done or you let them walk?

Same deal here. Rep has money to spend today. Ultimately didn't. Didn't want tickets. So in the interim, he has reserved a package available at college world series.

Finite dollars, spent with the program that will take the money.
    If no time to properly provide effective service, I decline. Happens often.

Not sure that is an apples to apples comparison.

I'll say this tho, with a daughter to care for and bills to pay, I still gave to fundraising effort and will donate again to Teammakers way over what it costs for my tickets, and I'm not looking or seeking any recognition. Could not give a shit about that. I'm committed to my support of NDSU and if I had extra money (think budget you are talking) I'd just give it, but that's a personal level thing, not marketing dollars. That said, if I had marketing dollars and NDSU couldn't find a way to promote them, I can absolutely guarantee I'd be creative enough to find something they couldn't resist. Hell, I'd even put my name on the garbage cans at entrance points to Dome. EVERYBODY uses those and appreciates they are there.

So, SNAP already on the BS.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO