Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NDSU Giving Day

Default Re: NDSU Giving Day

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Out of curiosity. When did tennis courts get turned into a parking lot?

I know one game there was free parking there. Why not sell spots there ?
    Tailgating is a different argument that has been repeatedly hashed out. It isn't only about giving.

This is the second year since the tennis courts were removed. It was not reserved parking last year. This year, that portion of the lot has been reserved the entire year. They sell permits to that lot. It is basically an extension of D lot.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As an aside. How many tickets do Team makers control on any given game day? How do they allocate those tickets?

Going back to tailgating. How much money does NDSU/Team makers/ who ever lose by not finding more spots?

As an aside. How many tickets do Team makers control on any given game day? How do they allocate those tickets?

Going back to tailgating. How much money does NDSU/Team makers/ who ever lose by not finding more spots?

D2 Operation = Teammakers. only facet of NDSU that's still D2 !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Which leads to the brilliance of operation. You have an opportunity selling nothing. And u don't capitalize

Not like you have an opportunity cost is renting a space

And the fact they don't have the ability to find more space is moronic. So dont complain about lack of money when you turn away low hanging fruit
    So you wanted to have alcohol there also I assume? Is that an alcohol approved lot?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Take your duck and go home.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Seems you didn't talk to the right people. You could have gotten in to the Bison corral and the West alcohol tailgate area. And a few others.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This thread is why Bisonville is becoming slow. I'm right. No, I'm right. No, you're wrong and I'm right. No, I'm right about your being wrong and I'm right about being right. You're an idiot. No, you're a moron. You obviously don't know how smart I am, even though it should be obvious with my fake screen name and nifty avatar. Weill my buddy says that I am right, so I don't care if you are smart, you are still wrong.

Shoot me in the fucking head.

--

Back to the topic of the thread.

NDSU still has a long ways to go when it comes to fundraising. I believe our endowment is around 140 million. UND's is 230. Hell USD is over 200. Lawyers and doctors, I guess.

It has been getting much better with more endowed chairs, etc... but it is definitely a work in progress. There have been lots of really good programs and ideas the past several years. I've said this many times on this site, that I spent about 15 months at Texas A&M doing a MS and they call me 4 times a year and I still get mail from them regularly nearly 20 years later. Until recently, I have rarely been approached by NDSU to contribute, but maybe that is because I have been contributing on my own. But the point is that I am now getting those phone calls.

Giving Day seemed like great success. 300 K raised in a day. Thank you to everyone that gave and especially to those that put up matching funds!

--

Now back to your regularly scheduled bitch slap match between people that don't know each other and will never agree...
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    This thread is why Bisonville is becoming slow. I'm right. No, I'm right. No, you're wrong and I'm right. No, I'm right about your being wrong and I'm right about being right. You're an idiot. No, you're a moron. You obviously don't know how smart I am, even though it should be obvious with my fake screen name and nifty avatar. Weill my buddy says that I am right, so I don't care if you are smart, you are still wrong.

Shoot me in the fucking head.

--

Back to the topic of the thread.

NDSU still has a long ways to go when it comes to fundraising. I believe our endowment is around 140 million. UND's is 230. Hell USD is over 200. Lawyers and doctors, I guess.

It has been getting much better with more endowed chairs, etc... but it is definitely a work in progress. There have been lots of really good programs and ideas the past several years. I've said this many times on this site, that I spent about 15 months at Texas A&M doing a MS and they call me 4 times a year and I still get mail from them regularly nearly 20 years later. Until recently, I have rarely been approached by NDSU to contribute, but maybe that is because I have been contributing on my own. But the point is that I am now getting those phone calls.

Giving Day seemed like great success. 300 K raised in a day. Thank you to everyone that gave and especially to those that put up matching funds!

--

Now back to your regularly scheduled bitch slap match between people that don't know each other and will never agree...
    I saw on twitter that many of my fellow young alums were getting hit up.
    College of Business Alumnus