Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cal Poly & Central Michigan

Default Re: Cal Poly & Central Michigan

36-54 after 3.
    27% shooting.

46-73 Final.
    Cal Poly got 30 pts. off Bison turnovers.

Central Michigan 77-55 over the Bison.

Bison look unskilled. And awkward. Coaching?

How many games will this team win?

5?

Wins are important, but with a overall very young team you want to see the veteran player lead the team. Continue to improve each time out. The wins will come when they come with a young team. But 5-7 would be nice but remember where this program was. We will be moving onward and upward soon. Give it a little time.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Wins are important, but with a overall very young team you want to see the veteran player lead the team. Continue to improve each time out. The wins will come when they come with a young team. But 5-7 would be nice but remember where this program was. We will be moving onward and upward soon. Give it a little time.
    You don't know that! These freshman might not be good enough to star at the div 1 level. Then What? I have seen nothing so far to have your confidence that we are moving upward and onward. Your words.

Honestly do we even win one conference game this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    You don't know that! These freshman might not be good enough to star at the div 1 level. Then What? I have seen nothing so far to have your confidence that we are moving upward and onward. Your words.

Honestly do we even win one conference game this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have 8 freshmen or sophomores (one hurt) on the team. They are logging 58% of the minutes but unfortunately only scoring 47% of the points. This year will not be defined by wins or loses if we competed. If a young team the question is do they improve as the year goes on. You have 7 members learning how to play together in game situations. Coach needs to put them in spots to succeed and the players need to execute. I am not throwing the towel in after 6 games. They do need to reduce turnovers for sure. Shooting better will help also. They are getting out scored in the 1st quarter badly. Can't not start in a hole and spend the whole game digging out of it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Fort Wayne twice and that naia game should be wins. Again this team looks awkward slow and unskilled. Was coach pressured to recruit local players These freshman just don't look good. Usually coming from high school u can detect skill. I won't throw in the towel on these kids. But they don't look skilled. Maybe they're overwhelmed But these games are not even remotely close. Thunstedt is chucking up ten threes a game. That's basically the offense. I hope coach starts coaching and teaching defense. They also need a ball handling coach as none of them have decent handles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    This program was buried by a horrendous coach and an apathetic women's AD.

Having watched many D2 games when I went to NDSU, this team now would get smoked by those teams. When they barely get by a crappy NAIA team, I don't have too much hope they are D1 talent.

Maybe I'm wrong and I like your optimism but if these freshman are so good they should be hanging around with teams and not getting blown out by mediocre D1 teams....and mediocre is kind. Their supposed "talent" should keep them in games even though they are freshman.

Let's see if Walseth can actually coach them then.