Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cal Poly & Central Michigan

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Cal Poly & Central Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    This program was buried by a horrendous coach and an apathetic women's AD.

Having watched many D2 games when I went to NDSU, this team now would get smoked by those teams. When they barely get by a crappy NAIA team, I don't have too much hope they are D1 talent.

Maybe I'm wrong and I like your optimism but if these freshman are so good they should be hanging around with teams and not getting blown out by mediocre D1 teams....and mediocre is kind. Their supposed "talent" should keep them in games even though they are freshman.

Let's see if Walseth can actually coach them then.
    I agree....the last coach put us in a terribly deep hole. We have to blame our own program for that. They should have never kept her as long as they did.
    The fella that watches the CFL

I won't necessarily look at this years wins/losses but I expect the team to make significant progress from the beginning of the season to the end. So far I'm not seeing improvement but it's hard to judge against OOC teams. Walseth's status will hinge on the conference games IMO. If the team isn't at least more competitive by seasons end her seat should be getting hot.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I won't necessarily look at this years wins/losses but I expect the team to make significant progress from the beginning of the season to the end. So far I'm not seeing improvement but it's hard to judge against OOC teams. Walseth's status will hinge on the conference games IMO. If the team isn't at least more competitive by seasons end her seat should be getting hot.
    I also agree. I was all in on her but now I am kind of questioning her. Especially since the people she recruited don't look that great from the start. Hopefully they develop into better athletes but it's depressing to see that they are now projected to win only 2 games all year and they are both against NAIA teams.
    The fella that watches the CFL