Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Selection Sunday

Default Re: 2016 Selection Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Now the Rabbit coaching staff is whining...

must of deleted it after realizing that NDSU was 10-1 and Jacks were 8-3 but still had the AQ??

Oops thought that it was referencing the seeding not the conference championship. Anyways If you don't want to share, don't lose ever... ISUr beat SDSU shouldn't they get a share by beating the AQ??

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    You teach the kids that you live with the rules that are set out ahead of time and don't whine. I doubt he would have minded sharing the title if the situation had been reversed.
    In the days of the NCC, titles were shared too. Everybody played everybody else.

And yeah, there is no way the Jacks would be whining if the situation were reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the chairman misspeak when he said their bid offer had an impact on NC A&T being an at large team? If not how is that not a huge scandal? If not it means the FCS playoffs are for sale to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I'm seeing Bison fans on social media hoping it's Ndsu vs Und in Frisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    NDSU and SDSU do not have the same overall record. Apparently Jacob forgot the Jackrabbits have 3x the losses the Bison have this year (hopefully it will be 4x after all is said and done).
    And I thought this type of whining was only valid in politics.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Did the chairman misspeak when he said their bid offer had an impact on NC A&T being an at large team? If not how is that not a huge scandal? If not it means the FCS playoffs are for sale to the highest bidder.
    Is this for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Jude3 View Post
    Is this for real?
    Listen to "Road To Frisco: The Bison Bracket Show" with Jeff Culhane and Jeremy Jorgenson by Bison 1660 #np on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...remy-jorgenson

Question starts at 38:30 listen until end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude3 View Post
    Is this for real?
    Yes this is real...heard it with my own ears on 1660 this morning. Jorgenson even brought it up after the discussion with the chairman. My first reaction too was..."is that legit?" Then I figured it must be because who would be dumb enough to say it live on the radio waves. Then I though...members of this committee would be that dumb.

I have no idea if this is legit, but its certainly interesting.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Wow. That sounds pretty shady. Any chance we could get the Port to ask for an open records request? Haha

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their bid clearly wasn't very high, they aren't hosting so the NCAA isn't getting any money from them. Guessing he misspoke.

Got to be a misspeak. Haven't listened, but I'm sure he meant bid as in their resume and not bid as in how much money. I believe they don't open the bids until the entire field is set.

I believe the order of events goes something like this:

1. Committee members introduce teams for consideration.
    2. Discussion is had on each team. When a team is being discussed, the conference rep for that team leaves the room.
    3. Teams are voted on. Unanimous teams get put on the list.
    4. More discussion and voting until the rest of the field is set.
    5. Secret ballot to pick seeds. One vote and it's done.
    6. Rest of field goes into the bracket using the NCAA guidelines and more discussion.
    7. Bids are opened and home teams assigned.