Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts

Default USD Post Game Thoughts

1) Better late than never, again.
    2) As impressed as i was with the running game (especially Dunn) we have to remember who we were playing. With that being said the o-line seemed very physical which bodes well for a playoff run.
    3) I liked the play calling early. Hated it later. We went to the play action naked bootleg well too many times and it seemed like USD adjusted and we didn't. Which led to:
    5) Another egg in the second half. Turn overs, penalties and a lack of points. We built this championship run on being a second half team and making unreal adjustments. We need to find that again.
    6) I was holding my breath when Plank was on the ground grabbing his knee. It seems like injuries are our biggest enemy this (and most) years.
    7) It scares me how we get gashed in the secondary still. If the run ends in the playoffs it'll be against a team with a good, mobile QB.
    8) Nice to see Perkins returning kicks again.
    9) I say it most weeks and I'll say it again. Keep the TE's involved! It works.
    10) The road to Frisco should go through Fargo again and for that we have a lot to be thankful for.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts

All good stuff. I thought Easton played well early throwing but made some foolish mistakes later on. The int was a bad throw and he threw it away once in between 2 USD guys when it looked like he could have thrown it out of bounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these f'ers havent had a bye week since the Iowa win...............holy shit this is needed.

My only post game thought is USD is heading in the right direction. Outside of their FBS game, they lost their 4 FCS games by a total of 28 points and that includes a 10 point loss to YSU. They scored 20 or more in every single game. They went 3-2 at home with a 1 point loss to WIU and today. They aren't a doormat anymore. They were a few possessions away from turning in a very nice season.

Somehow, someway, the boys find a way to get a "w". This postseason is going to be an interesting one.

Plenty of mistakes in this one, but keeping the ball for the last 4:53 was huge.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I'd encourage everyone to listen to Klieman's postgame presser. He was emphatic talking about how much this team believes in Easton Stick (edit: starts at the 5:34 mark of the below video - unprompted btw). I've been critical of Easton all year and even today I thought he was far from sharp in the 2nd half but the kid. just. wins.

18-1 don't lie.

I was uncertain heading into playoffs last season, but more uncertain now with the injuries, offense sputters at times, and secondary is not what it's been in a long time

I think the biggest difference between our defense this year and previous years is the first contact broken tackles. I've noticed that we often have plays bottled up or a chance for a negative or short gain and someone is able to break an arm tackle. In previous years, those were stops causing 3rd and longs, etc. Don't believe me? Watch back any game this year and I guarantee you see time and time again we are losing the 1 on 1 battle on tackles.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tough part is we play pretty damn well on both sides of the ball during most of the game but let up at certain points and it makes things interesting.