Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Forks Forum

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Grand Forks Forum

Bringing up an old thread. Way too many sewage stories in the forum lately. I enjoy reading the foolum but doesn’t Grand Forks have their own newspaper?

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Bringing up an old thread. Way too many sewage stories in the forum lately. I enjoy reading the foolum but doesn’t Grand Forks have their own newspaper?
    There also seems to be more stories from South Dakota and from Minnesota outside of the northwestern part of the state. My guess is that they are trying to be a regional player in the media instead of just focusing on local news. The last time we were in western and northern North Dakota, the Saturday evening news on the NBC station covering Minot was airing the WDAY newscast.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There also seems to be more stories from South Dakota and from Minnesota outside of the northwestern part of the state. My guess is that they are trying to be a regional player in the media instead of just focusing on local news. The last time we were in western and northern North Dakota, the Saturday evening news on the NBC station covering Minot was airing the WDAY newscast.
    Did I see Forum Com just bought a SD TV station? Aligns with your theory.

This all started quite a while ago when they began downsizing some of their smaller properties and bringing some of those outlying reporters under the fold of their "news service". It was a way of keeping some coverage in areas they were losing papers while bolstering content for the Forum.

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    So.. we can assume: toughest 5 months of his life, still has athletic eligibility left and might be responsible for the Turf fire?
    Rob Port may have "athletic eligibility" left but I doubt he has "athletic ABILITY."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1952 View Post
    I think their subscriptions are going down. They had some buy-outs of employees a while back because of that.

I cancelled my Forum (I am a 20-year, 7 days a week former subscriber). I LET THEM KNOW why and in no uncertain terms why I cancelled it. A good 20-minute rant. Poor subscription clerk. She told me she would let their managers know why. I said "good, because if you are not going to, I will write them a letter as to why." I still may write that letter. Not a letter to the editor but a letter to Marcil, Von Pinnon and Jack Zaleski.

NDSU/Fargo is the Forum's bread and butter. They are shooting themselves in the foot by trying to cut down NDSU/Fargo. What else interests people? Fargo and NDSU are king. Everything else is small potatoes. No other university is as interesting as NDSU is. Even if I was not an alum, I would say that.
    I cancelled my Fargo Forum subscription in 2016 (the same year as your post. .sorry, just getting around to replying to your post). I LOADED MY FRUSTRATIONS on the poor hapless telephone operator. She said "sigh, I know, thank you." She said "I will let them know your thoughts." I rarely read the Fargo Forum (except for free at the public library). The most bizarre anti-Fargo-anti-NDSU publication imaginable. I always say "As NDSU goes, so goes Fargo" and vice-versa. And yet this Fargo Forum BITES THE HAND THAT FEEDS IT.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I thought his book was a pretty good read. I liked it.
    I got the book at a Little Free Library and thought it excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Maybe the Fargo Forum bought some South Dakota newspaper. Now that SDSU is our arch rival, I am NOT pleased to see South Dakota anything shoved in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I cancelled my Fargo Forum subscription in 2016 (the same year as your post. .sorry, just getting around to replying to your post). I LOADED MY FRUSTRATIONS on the poor hapless telephone operator. She said "sigh, I know, thank you." She said "I will let them know your thoughts." I rarely read the Fargo Forum (except for free at the public library). The most bizarre anti-Fargo-anti-NDSU publication imaginable. I always say "As NDSU goes, so goes Fargo" and vice-versa. And yet this Fargo Forum BITES THE HAND THAT FEEDS IT.
    I subscribed in 2018 and I love it. Not sure what is anti-Fargo and anti-NDSU about it…?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    How does this hold true I don’t believe ndsu holds the destiny of fargo
    TRUST THE PROCESS