Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Forks Forum

Default Grand Forks Forum

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I went to the forum.com website this morning and clicked on the sports tab. You can't even tell there was a Bison game yesterday. No story under the sports section about the game. 5 hockey stories, 3 UND, 1 HS, 1 Fargo Force. 1 article about NDSU women's loss to UND (wow shocker that they would cover that), 1 on MSUM, 1 about Lamaar Jackson and 1 about the start time of the game Friday being at 6. There online section is pathetic. And I know they have the bison zone but shouldn't your sports tab be all inclusive? And guess what the featured story on the Bison zone is? You guess it, the women's'bball game. Maybe it's coincidence since the game is the most recent but what has the Forum done to earn the benefit of the doubt?
    Have checked the homepage? There's only about 4-5 stories there on the Bison fb team. rofl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Grand Forks Forum

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Have checked the homepage? There's only about 4-5 stories there on the Bison fb team. rofl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not for me. I have a picture of some lady getting a mammogram and that's about it. Nothing NDSU. Still doesn't explain why there is nothing about NDSU SPORTS in the GODDAMN SPORTS SECTION! Sorry for yelling.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Not for me. I have a picture of some lady getting a mammogram and that's about it. Nothing NDSU. Still doesn't explain why there is nothing about NDSU SPORTS in the GODDAMN SPORTS SECTION! Sorry for yelling.
    There is for me. It's just posted in order of date and time. Since the game was so early, I think I had to go to page 2.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't see the story in today's forum on the Bison bb teams victory over the f hawks, just a line in the scores. I understand that the football game was the main story but if the f hawks had won the bb game, there would have been a story.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I didn't see the story in today's forum on the Bison bb teams victory over the f hawks, just a line in the scores. I understand that the football game was the main story but if the f hawks had won the bb game, there would have been a story.
    The story must be there - I don't think they purposely bury stories on the Forum website.

I think that they had their UND guys cover the game so maybe that caused a problem. Edit: I meant "Grand Forks Herald guys" not "UND guys" - I wasn't trying to be snarky - just slipped, but, really, was I that far off?

http://www.inforum.com/sports/418206...ens-basketball

That said, I can see why they might want to bury the story because, once again, UND basketball players tried to get physical during an ass-kicking (two players ejected.) Surely it must be the other team's fault (just like all the other times.)

I am talking about the printed newspaper. Only the score was printed. I will admit that I am old school and still subscribe. I enjoy reading on paper more than online.

I am talking about the printed newspaper. Only the score was printed. I will admit that I am old school and still subscribe. I enjoy reading the paper on the toilet more than online.
    Fixed it for you
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

My guess is this year they seem to go to print earlier before games are finished. I began to notice it this fall with high school football scores as they didn't put in scores or game articles until Sunday paper. I think they will have full sports write ups in the Sunday paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Thanks. I needed that.

Oh I would bet that if we would have lost to UND the Forum would have turned it into a commemorative issue. Something highlighting the shitty outcome in both football and basketball. With a huge headline "Disasterous Day for NDSU" or something like that.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!