Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Forks Forum

Default Re: Grand Forks Forum

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I hope everyone that is canceling the Forum is letting them know why. The Fargo Forum was once a very good newspaper. Back in the 1970's and 1980's the Fargo Forum was moderate in publication of different views, yet conservative overall. Now it has turned into another progressive publication with constant pushing of the liberal agenda. If that isn't enough they have decided to be anti-Fargo and anti-NDSU. Even their headlines are slanted. Just disgusting, but apparently they think this sells papers. Hope their subscriptions are plummeting.

I think their subscriptions are going down. They had some buy-outs of employees a while back because of that.

I cancelled my Forum (I am a 20-year, 7 days a week former subscriber). I LET THEM KNOW why and in no uncertain terms why I cancelled it. A good 20-minute rant. Poor subscription clerk. She told me she would let their managers know why. I said "good, because if you are not going to, I will write them a letter as to why." I still may write that letter. Not a letter to the editor but a letter to Marcil, Von Pinnon and Jack Zaleski.

NDSU/Fargo is the Forum's bread and butter. They are shooting themselves in the foot by trying to cut down NDSU/Fargo. What else interests people? Fargo and NDSU are king. Everything else is small potatoes. No other university is as interesting as NDSU is. Even if I was not an alum, I would say that.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by nbowar24 View Post
    McFeely's a joke. I wonder why his career has never really taken off and he's never been lured away by a bigger market. It's hard to believe.
    You answered your own question with the first words of your post!

I get The Forum and a few magazines delivered. After staring at a computer all day, it's nice to sit in the easy chair or on the couch and flip through the pages. I trust traditional media more than most of the fake news stories that show up on my Facebook feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    People still get the news from newspapers?? Also, I didn't know people actually get physical papers anymore.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Rob Port once attended NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    For one semister. Been discussed. He couldn't cut it and has hated on NDSU since.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    For one semister. Been discussed. He couldn't cut it and has hated on NDSU since.
    So.. we can assume: toughest 5 months of his life, still has athletic eligibility left and might be responsible for the Turf fire?
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    So.. we can assume: toughest 5 months of his life, still has athletic eligibility left and might be responsible for the Turf fire?
    There may be some truth to your Turf thoughts. Likely thought that a DQ would be a better business at that location.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

It was pretty clear early on he wasn't cut out to be a Bison.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Which Rob Port?

The one who got a DUI?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Which Rob Port?

The one who got a DUI?
    Yes. The Rob Port from Minot who has the say anything blog.
    Sometimes a bison is just too slow to be a Bison
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans