Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Forks Forum

Default Re: Grand Forks Forum

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I think you are right..My bad.
    I didn't know myself until I looked at the fish wrapper.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I don't post often but the Forum has got me riled up. I have been reading the Forum for over 50 years. It was the Fargo Forum but they changed the name to the Forum a few years ago. Now the sports page is filled with und stories, often out numbering the Bison stories. The Forum employs a Fargo/NDSU hater as an opinion writer. When did this change happen and why? The Forum has morphed into the Grand Forks Forum. I like to read the local news but the UND slant is pushing me away from subscribing. OK, rant is done.
    If your paying for it, you are wasting your $$$$. WE canceled it a long time ago!

Cancelled ours this month

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hope everyone that is canceling the Forum is letting them know why. The Fargo Forum was once a very good newspaper. Back in the 1970's and 1980's the Fargo Forum was moderate in publication of different views, yet conservative overall. Now it has turned into another progressive publication with constant pushing of the liberal agenda. If that isn't enough they have decided to be anti-Fargo and anti-NDSU. Even their headlines are slanted. Just disgusting, but apparently they think this sells papers. Hope their subscriptions are plummeting.

People still get the news from newspapers?? Also, I didn't know people actually get physical papers anymore.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    People still get the news from newspapers?? Also, I didn't know people actually get physical papers anymore.
    I get the Jamestown Sun and the Forum on Sundays. I still like to read a paper and not off a computer and will continue to as long as papers are being printed.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I get the Jamestown Sun and the Forum on Sundays. I still like to read a paper and not off a computer and will continue to as long as papers are being printed.
    Ishmael
    That is my dilemma. I love reading paper newspapers. I do subscribe to the Star Tribune online because they don't offer home delivery here. I enjoy reading most of the foolum. I will probably just skip over the offending articles. I wIsh there wasn't so much skipping.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I briefly got it delivered (lapse in judgement) last year but it didn't take me long to cancel (3 months). I rarely go to their online site anymore for the very reasons others have expressed. Anti NDSU, Pro und, liberal bias in reporting. I also quit watching WDAY and stopped listening to WDAY 970. As for Kolpack, Dom, and the new buffoon added to the mix of alleged NDSU Bison sports reporting Mcfeely he's as big of an ass one will find in the media. On par with Ed Schultz. They think they are cute "reporting" on the bison but in reality they are interested in one thing and one thing only. $$$$$. It's a shame there isn't another option for print media in this town!

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    It's a shame there isn't another option for print media in this town!
    Unfortunately every daily in this state is owned and mostly staffed by und alums. I canceled the grand forks(und)Hearld when Jacobs wrote the editorial saying that Bresciani should resign and Port is spot on. We'd been subscribed for 20 plus years but that was the last straw. I like reading the newspaper too and I looked at the other dailys but they're all not good. I wish someone would start a daily based on North Dakota as a whole, not specific to one of our 8 largest cities, just report everything that is newsworthy

McFeely's a joke. I wonder why his career has never really taken off and he's never been lured away by a bigger market. It's hard to believe.