Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
I hope everyone that is canceling the Forum is letting them know why. The Fargo Forum was once a very good newspaper. Back in the 1970's and 1980's the Fargo Forum was moderate in publication of different views, yet conservative overall. Now it has turned into another progressive publication with constant pushing of the liberal agenda. If that isn't enough they have decided to be anti-Fargo and anti-NDSU. Even their headlines are slanted. Just disgusting, but apparently they think this sells papers. Hope their subscriptions are plummeting.

I think their subscriptions are going down. They had some buy-outs of employees a while back because of that.

I cancelled my Forum (I am a 20-year, 7 days a week former subscriber). I LET THEM KNOW why and in no uncertain terms why I cancelled it. A good 20-minute rant. Poor subscription clerk. She told me she would let their managers know why. I said "good, because if you are not going to, I will write them a letter as to why." I still may write that letter. Not a letter to the editor but a letter to Marcil, Von Pinnon and Jack Zaleski.

NDSU/Fargo is the Forum's bread and butter. They are shooting themselves in the foot by trying to cut down NDSU/Fargo. What else interests people? Fargo and NDSU are king. Everything else is small potatoes. No other university is as interesting as NDSU is. Even if I was not an alum, I would say that.