Page 91 of 302 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Blah blah blah so have you.
    I've never once said a split with happen cuz it WONT
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I've never once said a split with happen cuz it WONT
    No but it's still the same old song and dance. I miss Craig Bohls bald face. I wish I moved to Laramie. The mountain west is so cool. When I read your posts it's in an Eric cartman voice. Just don't go making chili buddy.

Lardsin must go!

Now they took away FRIDAY NIGHT SEMIFINAL TAILGATE PARTY!!!! WTF
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The school in South Bend has literally, a religious following and a brand that got built 100 years ago when the football universe was young and forming. Also in a state with trash for football competition, and an hour from the 3rd biggest city in the United States, which is another state with trash for football competition. Also rather convenient to have a nickname that one of the biggest immigrant ethnic groups could identify with. Notre Dame couldn't develop into what they are now if they tried to do it again today. They had a stupid amount of good fortune that turned Notre Dame into Notre Dame.

There isn't a school today that can pull that off, including the school that did manage to. Could say the same about Green Bay Packer football. Weird situations from 75-100 years ago led to some outliers that don't make sense. It doesn't make sense to strive to be the exceptionally weird outliers.
    Well lets use Boise State then- middle of nowhere and no one ever heard of them 20 years ago.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like it. Crush Oregon by 10-17 and make our presence/program known! PIMP IT UP!!!

I am aware of the spelling...
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Well lets use Boise State then- middle of nowhere and no one ever heard of them 20 years ago.
    Boise is a far better comparison. Ravenous, but not immense fan base. Geographically isolated. Succeeds because it has its pick fo the litter kids that dont get Pac12 offers. We do the same with Big10.

However they have one MASSIVE thing in their favor that we dont. they have an G5 conference that they are geographically in the center of (virtually). We do not have that. It doesnt matter which conference we could go to in the G5, we would be the most isolated school geographically. UNLESS we could get others to jump with us. Which is also unlikely.

I laugh at all of those who think that if we jump we will magically get WORSE or LESS relevant, somehow. That is laugh out loud funny. But going independent is very likely a disaster, and no conference makes GREAT sense. Obviously MWC and MAC could work theoretically, but neither is a no-brainer to add us when looking at it from the conference's perspective
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    This seems much more appropriate. A plausible target.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Boise is a far better comparison. Ravenous, but not immense fan base. Geographically isolated. Succeeds because it has its pick fo the litter kids that dont get Pac12 offers. We do the same with Big10.

However they have one MASSIVE thing in their favor that we dont. they have an G5 conference that they are geographically in the center of (virtually). We do not have that. It doesnt matter which conference we could go to in the G5, we would be the most isolated school geographically. UNLESS we could get others to jump with us. Which is also unlikely.

I laugh at all of those who think that if we jump we will magically get WORSE or LESS relevant, somehow. That is laugh out loud funny. But going independent is very likely a disaster, and no conference makes GREAT sense. Obviously MWC and MAC could work theoretically, but neither is a no-brainer to add us when looking at it from the conference's perspective
    What if we could get a 8 year home and home deal with the other independents would it change anyones minds? BYU-Army-Umass-new mexico and Liberty? how bout if somehow (but very unlikely) we also got Notre dame on board.. then 2 home games against top fcs schools and 2 road games against other FBS.. at least 3 of those games byu-ND-army would be better than anything we ever do in the FCS...

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

I think it is very possible that we get worse and less relevant. I have heard we recruit well against G5 teams because 1) we play for championships and 2) although we are a lower level, we have national relevance. If we move up, we certainly give up #1 and possibly diminish #2. As a G5, we still won't steal recruits from Minnesota or other P5's. However, SDSU will likely very much use the "come play for us and win championships" argument against NDSU with some success.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I think it is very possible that we get worse and less relevant. I have heard we recruit well against G5 teams because 1) we play for championships and 2) although we are a lower level, we have national relevance. If we move up, we certainly give up #1 and possibly diminish #2. As a G5, we still won't steal recruits from Minnesota or other P5's. However, SDSU will likely very much use the "come play for us and win championships" argument against NDSU with some success.
    This is why we would become less relevant on the national football landscape.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix