Page 51 of 302 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    We would obviously be getting higher level recruits. Cant comprehend how we would somehow magically get WORSE recruits?

Championships are a byproduct of a championship level program. People come here for the Championship work ethic, the championship mindset, the championship atmosphere, the championship level media attention, - all of which result in extremely high quality football and an EXCELLENT chance of getting a shot in the NFL.

Those dont go away if we go G5.

If the only reason we have good players is the ability to win championships, wouldnt we be winning recruiting battles with virtually every P5 sans Clemson and Alabama? If wining championships is so alluring (even at a lower level)why aren't the gophers losing recruits to St thomas, or Mount Union, or Mankato state? Why dont we pluck half of gopher recruits.

Can we all agree that the LEVEL of football carries a ton of weight for a ton of excellent football players? or are we just going to continue ignoring reality?
    Championships are a byproduct of a championship level program. The championships themselves arent the reason we are an attractive program.
    You're right. It's all about the caliber of football.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    100% agreed. The Gap is widening quickly though between the G5 and P5 in terms of facilities and dollars. There is going to be a split at some point.
    G5 COULD get into the playoff. It'd be difficult but could be done. You'd need a slightly down P5 year and an OOC win over a P5 champ or something but it could be done.

It'd certainly be outside the G5 school's hands. But COULD happen.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    We would obviously be getting higher level recruits. Cant comprehend how we would somehow magically get WORSE recruits?

Championships are a byproduct of a championship level program. People come here for the Championship work ethic, the championship mindset, the championship atmosphere, the championship level media attention, - all of which result in extremely high quality football and an EXCELLENT chance of getting a shot in the NFL.

Those dont go away if we go G5.

If the only reason we have good players is the ability to win championships, wouldnt we be winning recruiting battles with virtually every P5 sans Clemson and Alabama? If wining championships is so alluring (even at a lower level)why aren't the gophers losing recruits to St thomas, or Mount Union, or Mankato state? Why dont we pluck half of gopher recruits.

Can we all agree that the LEVEL of football carries a ton of weight for a ton of excellent football players? or are we just going to continue ignoring reality?
    Championships are a byproduct of a championship level program. The championships themselves arent the reason we are an attractive program.
    In Fcs we get the pick of the liter first. We are competing for championships. We already get FBS caliber players. Weve been a top 25-40 team in ALL of college football most years since we started winning it all. In FBS, most years we'd be playing for a bowl game and thats it. Unless we somehow elevate ourselves to a team Boise had for the early 2000-early 2010s, but thats unlikely.

I see numerous empty stadiums all around FBS. Win titles now or risk recruiting advantage to play higher teams? Double-edged sword.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you anti-fbs people been saying that since 2011!!! cmon that old excuse dont play
    You keep flapping your yap about the anti FBS people. Not many are really anti FBS. We just realize what it will take to get there and want answers on how its going to happen. You dont just wave a magic wand and make it happen. Plus bringing up the challenges and pitfalls of such a move doesnt make one anti FBS either.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

We let our season tickets go this year. Our two main reasons were the cost of the tickets and the quality of competition. We got tired of watching blowouts each 10 weeks a year. I think we already pay FBS prices so we might as well go FBS. I got an email from U of M this spring and their season tickets are less expensive than NDSU. You can make the debate whether or not NDSU is better than U of M but the Gophers do play better competition. I think the good FCS schools moved up and there are not many replacing them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    My question is....What do we do about "Chapo Fatigue"?
    Well, when ban hammer was tried, Chapo Fatigue didn’t go away, it just morphed into free lakes fatigue, so I’m at a loss.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan13 View Post
    We let our season tickets go this year. Our two main reasons were the cost of the tickets and the quality of competition. We got tired of watching blowouts each 10 weeks a year. I think we already pay FBS prices so we might as well go FBS. I got an email from U of M this spring and their season tickets are less expensive than NDSU. You can make the debate whether or not NDSU is better than U of M but the Gophers do play better competition. I think the good FCS schools moved up and there are not many replacing them.
    Gophers tickets SHOULD be less than Bison tickets. Did I say less? Sorry, I meant A LOT LESS!!! The entertainment value is minimal in comparison. Arguably right now they should almost pay us to shag our sorry asses down there to watch that failed program. You are tired of watching excellence in action. I think I get it although I most certainly do not agree. You don’t want to see blowouts. So if you are in Paris you will deign to go to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa because it blows everything else away? I d o n o t g e t i t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Gophers tickets SHOULD be less than Bison tickets. Did I say less? Sorry, I meant A LOT LESS!!! The entertainment value is minimal in comparison. Arguably right now they should almost pay us to shag our sorry asses down there to watch that failed program. You are tired of watching excellence in action. I think I get it although I most certainly do not agree. You don’t want to see blowouts. So if you are in Paris you will deign to go to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa because it blows everything else away? I d o n o t g e t i t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You certainly go see the Mona Lisa, but do you go see it if you are in the Louvre several times every year?

Watching blowouts gets boring to a lot of people. That's life. At some point you begin to question if it's excellence in action or if one of the teams in the division simply doesnt fit the rest anymore.

Not saying its right or wrong, just a reasonable and common view of things.
    College of Business Alumnus

What I'm looking forward to most about the FBS move at some point in the future is Chapo's new thread about how NDSU needs to push their way into the P5.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    What I'm looking forward to most about the FBS move at some point in the future is Chapo's new thread about how NDSU needs to push their way into the P5.
    It will be glorious.