Page 5 of 302 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    4 epic playoff games, 3 on ESPN > a good bowl game once in a blue moon like Western Michigan
    is it though?

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It's not fatigue. We're spoiled. If we don't blow out a team we're disappointed.

...and frankly...some of our conference foes and their fan bases are boring. Ugly uniforms...not many people at road games...etc, etc.

The broadcasts don't pipe in the crowd noise, making it dull. It's high-schoolish. The bands are generally lousy.
    GSB is very good.
    I think you inadvertently make the point for moving up, NDSU's game day atmosphere is way above our opponents. We should be playing similar programs with a similar game day type of atmosphere.

Now who are those programs, where are those programs, and is it all feasible? These are the million dollar questions?

And yes, I am not nearly as energized about the program as I used to be. Still a big fan, just not fanatical.

If someone is tired of winning, then they probably weren't a fan in '08/'09 or heck even 2001-2002. I was in elementary school in 2003 but I was going to every game with my dad and I still remember what times were like before we upset Montana. IMO it's not even fun being a fan of a team that's good if you weren't there when things were tough. Just my two cents

I'm shocked this thread has taken the FBS direction/purple. What it's been 2 weeks since the last thread?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I've been a Bison fan since I was six years old...I could not care less if they were NAIA...I'd still go to the games and have a great time because I love all things North Dakota State University. I'd say having a couple degrees from also enhances my passion for it. Obviously one does not need to be part of the alumni to be a Bison fan, but there is just something special about that connection that I can't explain.

I would categorize those who are "bored" with the current state of winning as those are still fairly new to the bandwagon. Many of use sat through the Babich years and the 3-8 campaign...Seeing the Herd where they are now is still unbelievable and I'm certain many will remember these years fondly when we have a couple poor years.

I won't criticize those who are fatigued by the winning, but I know I am having a great time.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I'm shocked this thread has taken the FBS direction/purple. What it's been one day since the last thread?
    Check out yesterday's posts.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I thought this tread was going to be about that feeling I get after screaming for four quarter at a Bison football game.

I was wrong, so much lamer.
    I thought it was about a new line of gameday clothing for outdoor enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Check out yesterday's posts.
    It's ironic some are "bored" with championships because if we move up we will probably never win one again. Especially if we aren't in a power 5 conference. I'd love to be wrong about that btw. They said this morning on game day that a MAC team will most likely never win a championship and I agree.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I've been a Bison fan since I was six years old...I could not care less if they were NAIA...I'd still go to the games and have a great time.

I would categorize those who are "bored" with the current state of winning as those are still fairly new to the bandwagon. Many of use sat through the Babich years and the 3-8 campaign...Seeing the Herd where they are now is still unbelievable and I'm certain many will remember these years fondly when we have a couple poor years.

I won't criticize those who are fatigued by the winning, but I know I am having a great time.
    No fatigue here either. Been a die hard since I stepped on campus in the early 80's and totally appreciate what has transpired the last five years. I have been to Florence, I have been to Frisco. One of my biggest regrets was not being able to afford to go to McCallum when I was a student. One of these years we are not going to win it all and I will be already looking forward to the next season!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    It's ironic some are "bored" with championships because if we move up we will probably never win one again. Especially if we aren't in a power 5 conference. I'd love to be wrong about that btw. They said this morning on game day that a MAC team will most likely never win a championship and I agree.
    man you would think 95% of fbs programs would try to be joining the OVC, MVFC, Big sky and others then.