Page 38 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    heard the NDSU crowd wasnt very loud and hundreds of blue seats. confirm anyone?
    Worse than that; there were literally thousands of blue seats. I would say well over 17,000. It was terrible.

heard the NDSU crowd wasnt very loud and hundreds of blue seats. confirm anyone?
    Wasn't exactly rockin. Usual scattered empty seats. Why weren't you there?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

The done was rockin. It was almost playoff good. I had a great time, finally seeing a competitive game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The done was rockin. It was almost playoff good. I had a great time, finally seeing a competitive game
    I felt the dome was in good forum. It could have been louder but then again you have milk drinkers there. I love how people complain about blowouts but people were leaving after the interception on the 2 yard line. We were only up 3 with six minutes to play. The game was far from over. We will see UCD later in the year back in Fargo.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I felt the dome was in good forum. It could have been louder but then again you have milk drinkers there. I love how people complain about blowouts but people were leaving after the interception on the 2 yard line. We were only up 3 with six minutes to play. The game was far from over. We will see UCD later in the year back in Fargo.
    Good to hear, as it didn't sound loud on TV, or at least loud at the right time..... (If you are playing a no-huddle team, you need to be loud all the time). In any case, McFeely's article really noted that people were heading for the doors early, and he basically aske the question, "What do you fans want?"
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Good to hear, as it didn't sound loud on TV, or at least loud at the right time..... (If you are playing a no-huddle team, you need to be loud all the time). In any case, McFeely's article really noted that people were heading for the doors early, and he basically aske the question, "What do you fans want?"
    It's not a very good excuse at all but there was some pretty nasty red stuff on the radar headed straight for north Fargo mid-4th quarter. We took our tailgate tents down before we went in but I would imagine if anyone left them up (or had any other gear out that they didn't want to blow away or get soaked) they may have been a little anxious to get out there before it hit. I did see a few destroyed tents when we headed out after the final horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's not a very good excuse at all but there was some pretty nasty red stuff on the radar headed straight for north Fargo. We took our tailgate tents down before we went in but I would imagine if anyone left them up they may have been a little anxious to get out there before it hit. I did see a few destroyed tents when we headed out after the final horn.
    Exactly we headed out to take down tents and batten down the hatches. We were just about finished when it hit. We were putting down the flag poles and the sky and wind opened up. I could have not been wetter if I was standing in a shower but nothing was broken but there were some others that were piecing together tailgating gear after it passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Exactly we headed out to take down tents and batten down the hatches. We were just about finished when it hit. We were putting down the flag poles and the sky and wind opened up. I could have not been wetter if I was standing in a shower but nothing was broken but there were some others that were piecing together tailgating gear after it passed.
    We teardown before we go in. Just the way we have done it. Not saying it is right or wrong, but just the way we do it.
    PS when we left Saturday did not see an accident on 19th Ave. First time in a long time not seeing one after a game.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The atmosphere was okay. Then again I was way the heck up row EE in the endzone so Definitely wasnt the best location to gauge crowd volume as it gets exponentially louder as you get closer to the field. There were empty seats in the Student section from the outset.

As usual, the non student seats were packed from whistle to whistle from what I could see. Students ditched at half for God knows why. Thought the crowd volume was 10% better than average. Nothing spectacular- but not bad. (again, I was way up there so someone closer to the field tell us how it measured up)
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    We teardown before we go in. Just the way we have done it. Not saying it is right or wrong, but just the way we do it.
    PS when we left Saturday did not see an accident on 19th Ave. First time in a long time not seeing one after a game.
    We prefer to leave stuff like tents and tables up during the game. That way we can relax longer before the game and then after the game we can tear it down at a leisurely pace, have a postgame (hopefully) celebratory beer, and let the lots clear out a bit. We tore everything down for this last game just in case the chance of thunderstorms hit and we were glad we did.