Page 286 of 302 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Seems to me some people no longer plan things around Bison football. I know a group having their team softball Christmas Party during the game. 5 years ago that would not have happened with this crew. Lots of people I used to run into at tailgating are no longer going out of there way to go to the game or tailgate.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Seems to me some people no longer plan things around Bison football. I know a group having their team softball Christmas Party during the game. 5 years ago that would not have happened with this crew. Lots of people I used to run into at tailgating are no longer going out of there way to go to the game or tailgate.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! - the erosion of enthusiasm has been happening for awhile now. Demand for tickets has been dropping (especially for the playoffs) since 2017. I know the FBS chatter all over this forum annoys people but the basis of it has a lot to do with slow decline of excitement around the program over the past few years. It's noticeable. We all see amongst our friends and families who no longer put in the effort to get to games. Hell I know some people who barely even watch them on TV when only 5 years ago they were attending multiple games a year, even some on the road. It's noticeable to me and has been for awhile. When was the last game at the Fargodome that people remember for it's atmosphere? The reality and feasibility of FBS can be debated. Addressing the current attendance/excitement issues should not be debated. ML should be sounding the alarm with his staff and with NDSU Leadership to get this trend reversed and moving in a positive direction. Oh and while they're exploring ways to fill the Fargodome, maybe they can learn something that they can apply to the SHAC.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Ding! Ding! Ding! - the erosion of enthusiasm has been happening for awhile now. Demand for tickets has been dropping (especially for the playoffs) since 2017. I know the FBS chatter all over this forum annoys people but the basis of it has a lot to do with slow decline of excitement around the program over the past few years. It's noticeable. We all see amongst our friends and families who no longer put in the effort to get to games. Hell I know some people who barely even watch them on TV when only 5 years ago they were attending multiple games a year, even some on the road. It's noticeable to me and has been for awhile. When was the last game at the Fargodome that people remember for it's atmosphere? The reality and feasibility of FBS can be debated. Addressing the current attendance/excitement issues should not be debated. ML should be sounding the alarm with his staff and with NDSU Leadership to get this trend reversed and moving in a positive direction. Oh and while they're exploring ways to fill the Fargodome, maybe they can learn something that they can apply to the SHAC.
    i told you 4-5 years ago this was happening and people got mad at me.
    30-40 age group were the party people and had to $$$ and oil money 10 years ago and really got into.

now they are 40-50, and NDSU didn't move up to entice them.. they have kids, activities, hunting/fishing wives, etc etc now
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    30-40 age group were the party people and had to $$$ and oil money 10 years ago and really got into.

now they are 40-50, and NDSU didn't move up to entice them.. they have kids, activities, hunting/fishing wives, etc etc now
    Oil money? Lol what?
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Oil money? Lol what?
    Sacrifice wives. Save season.

Lardsin must go!

Let me get this straight----30-40 age group were party people. Then they grew up, assumed responsibilities and now have other activities surrounded by family but its NDSUs fault for not enticing them???????

Do you sit around and just think this shit up through the haze of your drunken stupor or are you having flashbacks from your drugging days?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Let me get this straight----30-40 age group were party people. Then they grew up, assumed responsibilities and now have other activities surrounded by family but its NDSUs fault for not enticing them???????

Do you sit around and just think this shit up or are you having flashbacks from your drugging days?
    You know you partied hard when you just wake up one morning and you're almost 50 and have a wife. I'm still chuckling over the the wives part. Maybe they should let women in the Fargodome. We've come so far yet the wives are still holding us back.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Do you sit around and just think this shit up through the haze of your drunken stupor or are you having flashbacks from your drugging days?
    what the f are you talking about.
    i speak the 100% truth. walk around tailgate the last 3 games and you see it
    yes NDSU failed to HOLD the CORE BISON GROUP that started this dynasty run from 2010-2018 or so..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

what the f are you talking about.
    i speak the 100% truth. walk around tailgate the last 3 games and you see it
    yes NDSU failed to HOLD the CORE BISON GROUP that started this dynasty run from 2010-2018 or so..
    You're not taking into account the families with 2 dads bro. Campbell's soup man. It's 2021, not 2018.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    You know you partied hard when you just wake up one morning and you're almost 50 and have a wife. I'm still chuckling over the the wives part. Maybe they should let women in the Fargodome. We've come so far yet the wives are still holding us back.
    I woke up at 30 and wasnt married and no kids. I thought --how was that possible??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."